I love, love, LOVE my slow cooker! The best slow cooker recipes are the ones where you just throw everything in, set it, and forget it. This Crockpot Mushroom Artichoke Chicken is one of those. It is super-easy, and super-tasty!
Crock pot recipes are great for feeding a crowd, too, because they free up your time and your oven for the other dishes you need to prepare. I have used some of my crock pot recipes for holiday parties, football parties, and general family gatherings. It is such a relief to be able to check the main dish off the list early in the day, and then just let it take care of itself until dinner time!
The kids and DH all loved this recipe. The first time I made it, I added in some black olives as well, but we all agreed that they were unnecessary. There is plenty of flavor in this dish and between the mushroom, artichokes, and spinach, plenty of nutrition as well!
The trick to making this dish really creamy and yummy is to use a little bit of instant tapioca in the liquid. You don’t even notice it once the dish is cooked, but it gives the sauce some body and creaminess without affecting the taste. I love this trick and have started using it in more of my recipes!
Thing 2 rating for this dish = (3.5 biscuits out of 5). Not enough carbs in this dish for him, apparently. 🙂 But still, he ate it and enjoyed it!
Crockpot Mushroom Artichoke ChickenPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 9 ounces artichoke hearts, frozen (1 package, no need to thaw)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 ounces fresh spinach (about 2 cups)
- Place the chicken in the crock pot.
- Distribute the mushrooms and artichoke hearts over the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, wine, instant tapioca, thyme, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add in the red onion.
- Pour the entire mixture over the chicken, mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
- Cook on low, 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, shred the chicken with two forks, then stir in the fresh spinach.
More content about this dish can be found in my guest post on Anyonita Nibbles! Check it out!
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!