If you love Alfredo sauce but hate all the calories, this recipe featuring shrimp in a creamy lightened-up Alfredo sauce is for you! And it’s easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes!
We love shrimp! We love pasta! We love Alfredo sauce!
Seems like a good argument for putting them all together in one dish. (But be careful, this won’t work with everything. We love orange juice and breakfast cereal, too, but putting them together is hardly ever a good thing.)
The only problem with Alfredo sauce, however, is that it is often crazy-high in calories and fat. So I did try to lighten this up a little without giving up all the creamy, cheesy flavor! The secret is to use the Laughing Cow Cream Cheese wedges. They have about 1/3 less fat than regular cream cheese, and they melt really well and are really tasty.
I just dressed them up with a little parmesan, garlic, and chicken broth, and no one was the wiser! You could also use light cream cheese, but I just happen to have the Laughing Cow wedges around most of the time (they are great for portion control!).
This dinner made everyone happy, and we had enough fettuccine left over to make my Fettuccine and Spinach side dish a few days later.
Thing 2 rating = 4 out of 5 biscuits! Why not 5, or even 4.5, out of 5?!? I have no idea. The kid ate up his portion like there was no tomorrow. He obviously loved it. But apparently he does not give out 4.5 or 5 biscuit ratings easily. I guess he is just trying to keep me on my toes!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Shrimp Fettuccine AlfredoPrint Recipe
- 12 ounces fettuccine (I cooked the entire 16 ounce box and saved 1/4 of the cooked pasta for a side dish later in the week!)
- 8 wedges Laughing Cow Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 pound fresh shrimp (small)
- handful of parsley , chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese wedges in a microwave-safe bowl, warm in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stir in between, until melted.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, garlic, and broth, and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray and heat on medium-high.
- Add the shrimp and cook until almost done, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce and stir, cooking about 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Add the chopped parsley (if desired) and toss.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!