Love shrimp, love grilled cheese, let's put 'em together! That is basically how this recipe came to me. 😉
Those of you that have a picky eater in the house may relate to this...since I have a limited selection of ingredients that my picky eater likes, I like to try combining them in all sorts of ways to get a little variety going.
Don't get me wrong, my philosophy is actually NOT to cater to my picky eater on a regular basis, but every so often I like to try to serve something he really likes, just because he is my kid and I love to see his eyes light up when he hears the dinner plans. He likes shrimp, he loves cheese, and he LOVES bread, so combining them was a natural progression.
And shrimp is a good source of lean protein!
This grilled cheese was a hit with the whole family, including a dinner guest! Thing 1 had a friend over who didn't mind being included with the rest of the family as a guinea pig for this new recipe. I am pleased to report that he really liked it!
Since this recipe is so easy, and everyone likes it, this is definitely going on the list to serve again and again!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Zingy Shrimp Grilled Cheese
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Zingy Shrimp Grilled CheesePrint Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add the shrimp, paprika, and Old Bay and cook until the shrimp is pink and cooked. Set aside.
- Butter one side of each of the 12 slices of bread with the buttery spread.
- Place 6 of the slices butter side down on a baking sheet.
- Distribute the spinach across the 6 slices, then distribute the cooked shrimp, then then the shredded cheese.
- Place the remaining 6 slices of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, then flip the sandwiches and bake about 6 minutes more, until the sandwiches are golden brown and crispy. (Alternatively, you can grill them on the stove top on a griddle or in a skillet).
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!