Spicy Veggie Quinoa Curry is a quick, easy, and healthy quinoa and veggie dish with lots and lots of flavor! Only 10 minutes of prep time needed!
Today I am sharing with you a recipe for Spicy Veggie Quinoa Curry. It is not super-hot, like an August afternoon in southern New Jersey, but it does have a nice little kick to it! Of course, you can dial the spiciness up or down depending on your family’s preferences.
I try to keep it fairly mild for my family, especially for my younger son who seems to be allergic to flavor. Hopefully someday he will outgrow that, but in the meantime I try to not go too crazy with the spices!
Quinoa, of course, is really good for you. If you have not tried it yet, you really should! You can use it like you would use rice, but lots of people also use it in breakfast dishes, like you would oatmeal. It has a slight nutty taste, but the flavor is very mild and so it will take on the flavor of whatever you cook it in.
This recipe is actually vegan, and while not all vegan recipes are good for you, this one really is! You can use this recipe as is and make it a side dish for 4 people or an entree for 2. Or you can double the recipe and serve it as an entree for 4 people.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Spicy Veggie Quinoa Curry
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed thoroughly)
- 1 ¼ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons curry paste (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (use different colored peppers for colorful presentation!)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced broccoli and/or cauliflower
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- Mix together the quinoa, coconut milk, vegetable broth, curry paste, brown sugar, and Sriracha sauce in a pot over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer about 15 - 20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender but not mushy.1 cup quinoa, 1 ¼ cups coconut milk, 1 cup vegetable broth, 3 tablespoons curry paste, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat, then add the garlic, pepper, onion, and broccoli/cauliflower. Saute until vegetable begin to soften.1 teaspoon vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 cup diced bell pepper, 1 cup diced onion, 1 cup diced broccoli and/or cauliflower
- When the veggies are almost done, add the spinach and stir until wilted.1 handful fresh spinach
- Combine the quinoa with the veggies and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Recipe adapted from Vegangela.com.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!