Serve these Air Fryer Steak Bites as a perfect appetizer for Sunday dinner, at your next game night, or even for formal gatherings! A variety of steak cuts can be used to prepare this fast and simple dish.
Spices blend together to infuse each piece of steak with delicious savory flavor, and the air fryer makes this recipe a cinch to cook and clean up! You’ll love the garlic butter served on the side that enhances these tasty steak bites.
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
This is your new favorite way to prepare steak! Simple, easy, and yields perfect results every time. These air fryer steak tips are served with a delicious homemade garlic butter that gives them so much flavor!
You can use a wide variety of steak cuts to make this air fryer steak recipe. Whether you need something fast and tasty for a weeknight meal or an easy way to serve an elegant weekend dinner, these steak bites will do the trick!
If you're feeling adventurous, you could also pair this recipe with a Homemade Steak Seasoning for even more flavor!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- flank steak - a bold and slightly chewy cut of steak that's perfect for these steak bites.
- olive oil - helps your seasonings stick to the steak.
- steak seasoning - a garlic and herb seasoning will provide a strong base flavor.
- red pepper flakes - add some heat.
- onion powder - pairs well with the flavor of garlic.
- salted butter - unsalted also works, but using salted butter makes your garlic butter more flavorful.
- garlic powder - provides the distinct garlic flavor to your homemade butter.
- chives - enhances the flavor of the garlic and gives your garlic butter even more dimension.
- In a large bowl, add your steak and olive oil, steak seasoning, red pepper flakes, and onion powder.
- Toss until all the pieces are evenly coated.
- Transfer steak to the air fryer basket and air fry at 390 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, garlic powder, and chives. Serve your air fryer steak bites with the homemade garlic butter.
Yes, as long as you cook the steak until done, it's perfectly safe to cook raw steak in your air fryer!
According to the USDA, steak should be brought up to at least 145 degrees F. Keep in mind that the steak bites will continue to cook for a few minutes even after coming out of the air fryer as well.
Many cuts of steak are good for air frying and will get tender and juicy while cooking. Flank steak is my choice for this recipe, but you could also Ribeye, New York Strip, top round and tri-top.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- Allow your butter to come up to room temperature so it's easier to mix in the seasonings.
- You'll find garlic and herb steak seasoning in most grocery stores' spice section.
- Cook your steak bites until just under the doneness you like. Once removed from the air fryer, they'll continue to cook for a few minutes, and if you don't take them out early enough they may overcook.
📌 You'll love this air fryer steak recipe because it's easy, fast, and always delicious! Paired with the homemade garlic butter, this recipe will be a major hit.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- If using unsalted butter, add about a half a teaspoon of salt, or use garlic salt instead of garlic powder.
- Instead of flank steak, you could also use precut stew meat.
- Any cut of meat cut into 1-inch chunks will work for this recipe.
- Feel free to omit the red pepper flakes if you're not a fan of the heat.
🥫 Storage and Reheating
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for 2-3 months.
To reheat, pop them back in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes or so, or until heated all the way through. From frozen, you'll want to let them thaw in the fridge, or add more time in the air fryer.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
For a delicious and healthy meal, pair your air fryer steak tips with Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips and this Easy Air Fryer Broccoli. You could also go for a classic combination and serve them with Air Fryer Baby Potatoes, or a super comforting Cornbread Casserole.
✔️ More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love
- Air Fryer Orange Glazed Salmon - You'll love this sweet and savory seafood dish that cooks perfectly in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken - With the perfect amount of heat, this chicken dinner has the classic flavors of jalapeno poppers!
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries - A quick and simple way to prepare french fries from frozen.
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes - This easy recipe from Stay Snatched makes delicious and flavorful crab cakes!
Air Fryer Steak Tips
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Toss the steak pieces in a large mixing bowl with the olive oil, steak seasoning, red pepper flakes, and onion powder. Ensure that the steak pieces are evenly coated in the seasonings.1 pound flank steak, cubed, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic and herb steak seasoning, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F. Transfer the steak pieces to the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes, or until they have reached the desired doneness.
- While the steak is cooking, mix together the butter, garlic powder, and chives.3 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried chives
- Serve the steak bites with the freshly made garlic butter.
- Using room temperature butter makes mixing in the spices much easier.
- To use unsalted butter, either add ½ teaspoon of salt, or substitute 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic salt for the garlic powder.
- On a budget? Use precut stew meat, or any cut of meat cubed into 1-inch chunks.
- Garlic and herb steak seasoning can be found in the spice section of most grocery stores.
- Stored leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.