Just a note: This recipe originally appeared as a guest post on Anyonita Nibbles. I have now posted the recipe here as well for archiving purposes. The recipe is below my original teaser post. Check out Anyonita’s site too, she has a ton of great recipes! Enjoy!
Today I’m excited to be guest posting over at Anyonita Nibbles! I am sharing a recipe for Blue Cheese Encrusted Pork Chops, which is one of our family favorites.
Pork chops are a simple option for a busy weeknight meal, and always a hit with the kids. I like to look for new ways to prepare them so we don’t get tired of having the same old thing too often. For this recipe, I made use of a packet of blue cheese dressing mix that had been sitting in my pantry for months.
I was inspired to mix it with some Panko bread crumbs, along with some pepper, and use that for my pork chop breading. We loved the tangy taste of the blue cheese dressing mix combined with the mellow pork chop flavor and complementary zing of the pepper.
Head on over to Anyonita Nibbles for the full post!
Blue Cheese Encrusted Pork ChopsPrint Recipe
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1.25 ounces blue cheese dip and dressing mix (1 packet)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes (optional)
- 4 bone-in pork chops (trimmed)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix together the egg and milk in one bowl.
- Combine the blue cheese mix, pepper, breadcrumbs and parsley flakes in a separate bowl.
- Dip each pork chop in the egg mixture, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture and place in a baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the pork chops over and bake for a further 10 minutes, until the pork chops are done and the juices run clear.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!