Pork chops are a simple option for a busy weeknight meal, and always a hit with the kids. I like to look for new ways to prepare them so we don’t get tired of having the same old thing too often. For this recipe, I made use of a packet of blue cheese dressing mix that had been sitting in my pantry for months.
I was inspired to mix it with some Panko bread crumbs, along with some pepper, and use that for my pork chop breading. We loved the tangy taste of the blue cheese dressing mix combined with the mellow pork chop flavor and complementary zing of the pepper.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Blue Cheese Encrusted Pork Chops
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Blue Cheese Encrusted Pork ChopsPrint Recipe
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1.25 ounces blue cheese dip and dressing mix (1 packet)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes (optional)
- 4 bone-in pork chops (trimmed)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix together the egg and milk in one bowl.
- Combine the blue cheese mix, pepper, breadcrumbs and parsley flakes in a separate bowl.
- Dip each pork chop in the egg mixture, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture and place in a baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the pork chops over and bake for a further 10 minutes, until the pork chops are done and the juices run clear.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!