Corn Dog Casserole is a fun and tasty twist on the carnival classic that will transport you back to summer. Lucky for you, it won’t transport you back to all of the calories!
This nostalgic and comforting dish is easy and delicious and a great way to enjoy healthier corn dogs any day of the week. With only 6 ingredients, you can have this dish on the table in just 35 minutes!
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Summer always reminds me of amusement parks, which reminds me of amusement park food. Nowadays they have crazy options like fried Oreos and humongous turkey legs, but when I was a kid, corn dogs were all the rage. Who doesn't love a good corn dog?
This super easy corn dog casserole with Jiffy mix is the perfect way to capture that classic, nostalgic corn dog flavor. The best part is, this is a healthier version, and only requires 6 ingredients!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- hotdogs - provide that classic salty flavor that's crucial for corn dogs.
- corn muffin mix - makes this casserole super easy to prep and put together.
- eggs - helps the corn muffin mix form a batter.
- milk - works with the eggs to create a batter that's nice and moist.
- riced cauliflower - provides some added texture and hidden nutrition!
- monterey jack cheese - for an extra burst of cheesy flavor.
- Slice hot dogs into rounds.
- Combine the corn muffin mix with eggs, milk, cauliflower, and shredded cheese.
- Mix until a consistent batter forms.
- Fold in the hot dog rounds.
- Spoon the batter into a prepared casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until batter is set and the casserole looks golden brown.
Most corn dog batters consist of some blend of cornmeal, flour, baking powder, oil, milk, and egg. Some also include sugar, salt, and pepper for some additional flavor. This corn dog casserole uses Jiffy corn muffin mix as a shortcut!
Most corn dogs use a simple, everyday hot dog as the meat inside. You could also use your favorite kind of sausage, frankfurter, or bratwurst.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- Frozen riced cauliflower is an easy way to speed up prep for this recipe. You don't even have to thaw it before mixing it into the batter!
- If you're really pressed for time, the hot dogs can be pressed whole into the batter and baked as-is.
📌 You'll love this super easy corn dog casserole with Jiffy mix! A nostalgic recipe that will transport you to your favorite carnival or amusement park.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Feel free to use more or less hot dogs depending on how many hot dog rounds you want in your casserole.
- For a stronger corn flavor, add canned corn or creamed corn to the batter. Be aware that adding ingredients can alter cooking times, so adjust as needed.
- If you want a super moist casserole, include a tablespoon or two of sour cream in your batter. You may need to adjust the amount of milk to compensate.
- Additional flavor can be achieved by adding salt and pepper to the batter. Make your casserole a bit sweeter by adding some sugar.
🔊 What readers are saying...
"My husband is obsessed with this casserole. He said he can't believe he lived this long without hotdog casserole in his life! I made it with two boxes of honey jiffy cornbread and Oscar Meyer Angus beef hotdogs, and left out the cauliflower. I made a side of chili. It was a hit."
🥫 Storage and Reheating
Keep your cornbread hot dog casserole in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Allow it to cool before storing.
To reheat, place in the microwave. Cover with a paper towel to help prevent drying out.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
For a full and healthy meal, pair this corn dog casserole with Easy Air Fryer Broccoli or Air Fryer Frozen Veggies, these super tasty Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic, or a refreshing Cucumber Salad.
✔️ More Casserole Recipes You'll Love
- Mediterranean Chicken Casserole - Filling and flavorful, this farro-based casserole is bursting with Mediterranean flavor!
- Baked Hummus Casserole - This unique vegan recipe is a super healthy option with delicious hummus and green veggies.
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole - You'll love this easy casserole that's perfect for a special breakfast or brunch.
- Cowboy Cornbread Casserole - Love the cornbread flavors of this casserole? This this recipe from Bowl Me Over for a similar dish with a Southwestern twist!
Cornbread Hot Dog Casserole
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Corn Dog Casserole
- 6 hotdogs
- 8.5 ounces corn muffin mix (2 boxes)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup riced cauliflower (can be fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a 9x11 casserole dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice the hot dogs into medallions.6 hotdogs
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix, eggs, milk, cauliflower, and cheese.8.5 ounces corn muffin mix, 2 eggs, ¾ cup milk, 1 cup riced cauliflower, ½ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Fold in the sliced hot dogs.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for about 5-10 more minutes, until the batter is set and the top is slightly brown.
- I like to buy the frozen cauliflower rice to use in this recipe. There's no need to thaw it before using it in this recipe.
- You can use more hot dogs if you don't mind having a lot of hot dog rounds in your casserole. This recipe is very forgiving.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.