Here’s a great shortcut to lasagna! I love how easy this dish is, and it is hearty and filling and great comfort food. Plus, it gives me another opportunity to sneak some extra veggies into the kids with the fresh spinach!
Truth be told, it isn’t all that sneaky, because you can clearly see the spinach in there. But when it is covered in sauce and cheese, somehow they just eat it without complaining!
This dish feeds my entire family of 2 hungry boys, 1 hungry husband, and me, plus we usually have about 2 servings left over. If you have a bigger or even more hungry family, you can add a side of garlic bread.
I usually try to avoid the garlic bread, except as a special treat once in a while (too many carbs for one meal!), but I like to serve a side salad and some steamed broccoli with this.
If you don’t have fresh spinach on hand, you can substitute a box of frozen. Just thaw and squeeze out some of the moisture first so you don’t wind up with a runny mess in your ravioli.
Ravioli Spinach BakePrint Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix the marinara and crushed red pepper, then spread about half of the mixture on the bottom of an 11x7 baking dish.
- Cook ravioli according to package instructions until they are just al dente (not mushy).
- Before draining ravioli, stir in fresh spinach until slightly wilted (10-20 seconds).
- Drain the ravioli and spinach mixture, then spread about half of it over the marinara in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle about half of the cheese over the top.
- Distribute the remaining ravioli/spinach on the cheese, then spread with the remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
You can adjust the amount of crushed red pepper for more or less kick, or skip it completely!
Slightly adapted from Market Day.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!