This Banana Spinach Smoothie is the perfect way to start your day with something sweet and healthy. The kiwi adds great refreshing flavor to this green smoothie, which is perfect to enjoy for breakfast or as a snack to keep you full and energized throughout the day!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Summer is the perfect time for smoothies! They're quick, easy, cold, and sweet, and they'll give you lots of healthy, clean energy to help you power through your day. This banana spinach smoothie relies on the slightly acidic but sweet kiwi for a burst of fresh flavor, and it also helps conceal the fact that there's lots of nutritious spinach in this smoothie.
Plus, with only 4 ingredients, this spinach smoothie is easy to prepare, which means it's the perfect option for a quick breakfast or snack that will leave you feeling satisfied.
If you're a big fan of green smoothies, you should also check out this Kiwi Banana Match Smoothie, which gives you a little caffeine boost from the green tea powder! This Mango Lassi Recipe is also a delicious option for a creamy, refreshing beverage.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
For a complete list of ingredients, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- banana - gives your smoothie a nice creamy texture.
- kiwi - provides lots of natural sweetness.
- spinach - masked by the fruity flavors, the spinach will give your smoothie a huge nutrition boost!
- milk - I used almond milk, but any kind of milk will do.
Please note: This is an overview of the instructions. You'll find the complete instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Add the spinach, bananas, kiwi, and almond milk to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve right away!
Absolutely! Spinach is full of fiber and lots of nutrients, and banana will provide some healthy fats and lots of potassium.
When consumed in moderation and with the right balance of ingredients, green smoothies can help lead to weight loss. Obviously they'll increase your intake of fruits and vegetables and leave out processed foods, and they can also help your digestive health. They also keep you nice and full, which can reduce your calorie intake!
Mixing dairy milk with kiwi may lead to a bitter taste due to enzymes in the kiwi reacting with milk proteins. Best to stick with a plant-based milk!
Not inherently, but if you want thicker smoothies, one thing to do is to freeze your almond milk in ice cube trays and use that to blend into your smoothie!
No, blending your spinach won't make it lose any of those nutrients.
This banana spinach smoothie will be best enjoyed right when you make it, but there are options for storing it as well (like if you want to make ahead of time).
In the fridge, your smoothie will hold up for a day or two, but any longer than that and you may start to see alterations in the flavor and texture.
And in the freezer, you should be good for around 3 months or so. Just be sure to let it sit in the fridge for a while to that when it comes time to enjoy!
💭 Helpful Tips
- Adding some citrus fruit like orange can actually help your body absorb the nutrients in spinach.
- To make your smoothie thicker, try slicing and then freezing your bananas, freezing your liquid component, or adding some ice when you blend.
- Prepare and freeze your ingredients ahead of time, then store them all in the same bag so it's easy to dump them into the blender and whip your smoothie together if you're in a rush!
A delicious banana spinach smoothie is the perfect way to start your day; tasty, easy, and so good for you! Best of all, it will keep you full and give you lots of natural energy.
- This green smoothie is so versatile and you can add just about anything you want to your taste! For a creamier texture, try some avocado. If you're looking for more sweetness, use frozen pineapple chunks or agave syrup. There are so many possibilities!
- Some other ideas for ingredients to add: Greek yogurt, flax or chia seeds, frozen fruit juice, blueberries, or green apple.
🍳 Breakfast Dishes
If you're looking for a more substantial breakfast dish to pair with this smoothie, maybe for a fancy brunch or to feed a slightly bigger crowd, try this Baked Frittata with Ham, Swiss, Spinach, and Mushrooms.
Another classic breakfast that's sure to please the whole family is Lemon Pancakes, which are simple to make but so delicious!
And for another fruity and healthy breakfast, check out this recipe for Easy Strawberry Overnight Oats!
🥤 More Smoothie Recipes
- Orange Smoothie with Pineapple - This smoothie has a tropical twist that will make you feel like you're sitting on the beach!
- Strawberry Smoothie Bowl - A smoothie bowl is a great way to start your day, and they're so customizable.
- Apple Cider Smoothie - Ever wished there were smoothies that were more appropriate for fall and colder weather? This apple cider smoothie is for you!
Banana Spinach Smoothie with Kiwi
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Banana Spinach Smoothie with Kiwi
- 2 bananas (slice into chunks or rounds for easier blending)
- 2 kiwis, peeled (slice into chunks or rounds for easier blending)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup almond milk (substitute any milk of your preference)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.2 bananas, 2 kiwis, peeled, 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, 1/2 cup almond milk
- Serve immediately, with ice if desired.
- Your body will absorb nutrients from spinach even better with the help of some citrus fruit like orange.
- For a thicker smoothie, use frozen ingredients.
- One way to speed up prep is to slice all of your fruit ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer in a bag.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!