Today I am guest posting over at Mishmash Mama! Many thanks to Shannon for her hospitality on her awesome blog! Today I am sharing my recipe for Chicken Fricassee, which is actually an adapted version of a dish my mother made for us frequently when I was growing up. I adjusted it a bit to make it quicker and easier for weeknight meals.
I also love this dish because not only is it fast and simple and practical for weeknights (there are only 5 ingredients!), but it is elegant and tasty enough to serve for special occasions, too. I often use this dish take to friends going through a rough time, or even serve it to dinner guests with some dressed up rice and a nice veggie side dish.
Easy Chicken FricasseePrint Recipe
- 4-6 pieces of chicken (I often use boneless skinless breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup (I use the 98% fat free) (1 can)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried dill weed
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the can of mushroom soup, milk, and dried dill weed together in a bowl.
- When the chicken is browned, reduce the heat to medium, and pour the mushroom soup mixture over the chicken.
- Once the soup starts to bubble, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, until chicken is done.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!