Here’s a great recipe for those crazy evenings when you need something quick and easy. I love the lemony creaminess of the sauce that this creates. It doesn’t look all that pretty, but boy does it have a lot of flavor! Pair it up with some whole grain noodles and a side veggie and you have an awesome, hot, homemade dinner on the table in minutes!
Of course, don’t be like me and then spend the next 45 minutes photographing it. Take my word for it, that just makes the family cranky from hunger! 🙂
I am just kidding, they are actually really good sports and very supportive. Thing 2 even acts as my photography assistant when needed!
Anyway, I found this recipe on Cozi.com and changed it slightly to use some of the healthier and/or lower calorie ingredients that we like. Other than that, it was pretty perfect the way it was!
Lemon Butter ChickenPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons buttery spread (divided, I used Brummel & Brown)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped small)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (can use fresh or bottled)
- Cut chicken into strips lengthwise and coat with flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet and let it melt over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, about 3 minutes on each side, until done.
- Remove the chicken and add the onion to the skillet. Cook until it begins to soften.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon and bring to a boil. Simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until melted.
- Place chicken back in the skillet and continue to heat until chicken is warmed through.
Original recipe by Blerta N.-D. for Cozi.com Dinner Club
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!