This S'mores Cookie Recipe combines an easy 3-ingredient peanut butter cookie base with the classic flavors of a campfire s'more. Topped with gooey marshmallows and melty chocolate chips, these cookies are the perfect way to capture the essence of s'mores, no fire required!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Have you ever found yourself craving some s'mores, but you're without a roaring campfire to make them over? Sometimes you just get a hankering out of nowhere, and this s'mores cookie recipe is the solution!
Not only that, but it harnesses the flavor of peanut butter to take your s'mores cookies to the next level. For 5 ingredients and only 20 minutes, these cookies are an impressive and tasty treat!
For another simple but delicious dessert, try these Funfetti Cupcakes with Oreos!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- peanut butter - use the creamy variety to ensure that your cookie dough is smooth and combined well.
- sugar - sweetens up the salty, nutty peanut butter.
- egg - pulls the peanut butter and sugar together to make a perfect 3-ingredient peanut butter cookie.
- marshmallows - melted on top of the cookies, marshmallows are what conjure the nostalgic flavor of s'mores.
- chocolate chips - I used mini chocolate chips (their scale works better with these s'mores cookies), but feel free to use whichever kind you prefer!
- Add peanut butter, sugar, and egg to a bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion the dough and scoop onto a way paper-lined baking sheet.
- Press with a fork in a criss-cross pattern for texture. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the cookies from the oven and place one marshmallow on top of each cookie and bake for 3 more minutes.
6. Use a nonstick spatula to flatten and equally distribute the marshmallow over each cookie.
7. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pop in the oven for another minute or two, just until the chips are melty.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
The word is a contraction of the phrase "some more," which is exactly what you'll be asking for if you make this s'mores cookie recipe!
If you choose to mix your marshmallows into your cookie dough but don't want them to get too melty, one way to prevent this is to freeze them before baking.
Absolutely! Marshmallows freeze just fine, so if you like to make a double batch of cookies and freeze half to save for a later date, this s'mores cookie recipe is a great contender.
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- Try to store these cookies in a single layer whenever possible, as the marshmallow layer will make it difficult to separate them if the cookies are stacked on top of each other.
This recipe for s'mores cookies is so easy to put together and makes the perfect treat for the lunchbox or dessert after dinner. As much as I love sitting by the fire and eagerly waiting until my marshmallow gets golden brown, this s'mores cookie recipe eliminates the need for a campfire and can be easily made just in your kitchen!
- You can use regular chocolate chips or chocolate chunks on top of these s'mores cookies if you prefer! For a true s'mores flavor, pieces of Hershey's chocolate will really get the job done.
- For an even stronger s'mores resemblance, sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs over top of the marshmallow.
- To give the marshmallow more of a toasted flavor, use a kitchen torch to brown them slightly or pop the cookies in the broiler for a minute or two.
- Mix mini marshmallows into the cookie dough if you want to get a gooey and pull-apart kind of cookie.
- The same is true of the chocolate component; feel free to mix it into the batter before baking if you want an even more chocolatey experience!
🥗 Suggested Summer Dishes
S'mores always make me think of summer, so here are some other delicious summery dishes that you can serve before you dig into this s'mores cookie recipe for dessert. For an appetizer, prepare this unique and tasty Burrata Salad with Fruit, then follow it up with a Cucumber Salad for some veggies. Round out the meal with these Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs and then get to the best part--dessert!
🍪 More Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Cookies - Another summery and refreshing cookie recipe!
- Chocolate Orange Cake - The combination of chocolate with orange is a match made in heaven, and this cake is the best of both flavors.
- Strawberry Cream Truffles - Keeping in theme, these fruity chocolates are an elegant and delicious dessert that's sure to get you plenty of compliments!
S'mores Cookie Recipe
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Peanut Butter S'mores Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 24 marshmallows
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat (for easy cleanup).
- Combine the peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl.1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg
- Using a small cookie scoop, place balls of dough on the baking sheet.
- Press on the balls of dough with a fork to flatten, making a criss-cross pattern. Then place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place a large marshmallow on top of each cookie, then bake for 3 additional minutes.24 marshmallows
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and press down with a non-stick spatual on each marshmallow to flatten it and distribute it over the cookie. Turn off the oven.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the flattened marshmallows (I didn't bother to worry about the ones that ended up on the parchment paper instead), then place the baking sheet into the still-hot oven for a minute or two for the chips to get melty.1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the baking sheet and enjoy!
- You can use regular chocolate chips or even chunks of chocolate instead of the mini chocolate chips.
- Chocolate lovers, you can also mix chocolate chips into the dough before baking for an even more chocolatey experience!
- Store cookies in a single layer if possible, as the marshmallow tends to remain sticky and if the cookies are stacked they will stick together.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in July 2013, but was republished with tips, step by step photos, and a recipe change in August 2021.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!