This Burrata Salad with Fruit is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, salty, and creamy. Rich cheese paired with juicy fruit makes for a fantastic summertime appetizer or snack that will impress your family and any guest. If you're looking for a burrata recipe that will blow them away every time, you have to try this salad!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
This recipe is unlike anything you've had before. It utilizes the sweet and tropical flavors of mango and dragon fruit as well as the rich and creamy taste and texture of burrata cheese to create a complex and delicious dish that's both filling and refreshing.
While a classic Berry Salad definitely has its place and time, this burrata salad is a showstopper with its warm and bright color palette and unique flavor profile.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- balsamic vinegar - helps tie all of the flavors together.
- mango - provides a juicy and tropical flavor.
- dragon fruit - gives the dish a beautiful visual component and adds sweetness.
- pear - sweet and light with a smooth texture, pears play well with the other fruits in this burrata salad.
- tangerine - adds a tanginess and the acidity pairs nicely with the salty cheese.
- burrata cheese - similar to mozzarella but even softer and more flavorful.
- fresh mint - supplies a pop of color and adds a refreshing minty taste.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, sugar, and water in a saucepan, then bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Allow this mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes, or until reduced by about a third. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the mango, pear, tangerine, and dragon fruit on a plate with the fresh burrata in the middle. Garnish with mint and drizzle with the balsamic reduction and serve!
Burrata is a kind of cheese made from cow's milk which has an outer casing of solid cheese, while the inside is bits of cheese (called stracciatella) mixed with cream, which gives it a rich texture.
Burrata is best served at a fairly neutral temperature; if you heat it, the cream inside may get too hot and the flavors won't be as enjoyable. It's best to take the cheese out 20-30 minutes before serving to allow everything to come up to room temperature.
Absolutely! The "skin" or outer casing of burrata is essentially just mozzarella cheese, so it's completely edible.
Once opened, the cheese will last for five days or so. Unopened, it's best to go by the best-by date or a couple of days beyond the sell-by date.
It's best not to freeze burrata, as the inside has cream; when frozen and defrosted, the texture of the cheese and cream will be altered and not as appealing.
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- Serve this burrata recipe at room temperature or chilled. If you choose to serve at room temperature, be sure to remove it from the fridge before it's time to enjoy it so the burrata has time to adjust.
- Cutting the burrata into fourths is often the best way to enjoy it, but smaller pieces may be necessary depending on the size of your cheese wheel.
Burrata salad is a simple recipe that packs lots of visual appeal and fun flavors. Make this burrata recipe for a summery appetizer or a refreshing snack that is sure to impress!
- The dragon fruit can be substituted for melon (watermelon may be your best bet for this burrata salad).
- Apple can be substituted for the pear.
- For the orange, you can use either tangerine or mandarin orange. Canned segments can also be used instead of fresh.
- For a burrata substitute, use fresh mozzarella. It may not be as creamy, but it has the same basic flavor and will be just as delicious!
- Some other great ingredients you can try: fresh tomatoes, greens (arugula, spinach), croutons, peaches, basil, thyme, cherries, pistachios, lemon juice, prosciutto, or onion. The possibilities and combinations are endless, so experiment and see what flavor pairings are your favorite!
🍴 Suggested Main Dishes
This burrata salad is plenty delicious and filling on its own, but it also works as an extravagant appetizer for a nice dinner. Try it with Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes or pair with this Lemon Dill Tuna with Noodles.
For an exceptionally cheesy meal, serve this burrata recipe alongside Caprese Stuffed Baked Portobello Mushrooms.
🍢 More Appetizer Recipes
- Basil and Blue Cheese Baked Sweet Potato Slices - Another sophisticated and tastefully complex appetizer.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters - Quick, crispy, and delicious, these fritters are a perfect appetizer for when you need something simple but filling.
- Homemade Queso Dip - This queso has a cauliflower base, which means you don't have to feel as guilty when you dig in!
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Burrata Salad with Fruit
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ medium mango (cut into small cubes)
- ¼ medium dragon fruit (cut into small cubes)
- ¼ medium pear (cut into small cubes)
- ½ tangerine or mandarin orange (peeled and segmented)
- 4 ounces burrata cheese
- fresh mint
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to simmer.¼ cup balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons water
- Simmer for about 5 minutes until the mixture reduces about ⅓. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the fruit on a plate and place the fresh burrata wheel in the middle. Garnish with mint leaves and drizzle with the balsamic reduction, then serve.¼ medium mango, ¼ medium dragon fruit, ¼ medium pear, ½ tangerine or mandarin orange, 4 ounces burrata cheese, fresh mint
- You can substitute watermelon for the dragon fruit.
- You can substitute apple for the pear.
- You can substitute canned mandarin segments for fresh.
- You can substitute fresh mozzarella for the burrata.
- Burrata also tastes great with fresh tomatoes and arugula, and other fruit combinations as well. Try different variations!
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks so much for reading! I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
I have never tried burrata salad, but it looks so good I am definitely thinking of making it this weekend. Thank you so much for the recipe 🙂
Such a colorful and interesting salad! perfect for summer!
Thanks for sharing, I am sure that the kids are going to love the colours and the flavours from this.
This couldn’t be anymore perfect to go with our dinner tonight! My family is going to love this. Perfect combination and looks so yummy!
This is such a delicious salad! Love how the fruits pair so well with the burrata!