Just a note: This recipe originally appeared as a monthly contributor post on Memories by the Mile. I am now posting the recipe here for archiving purposes (scroll down towards the bottom). My original teaser post is below and the recipe is underneath it. Check out Memories by the Mile as well; Wanda Ann has a ton of great recipes! Enjoy!
Today I am posting over at Wanda Ann’s blog, Memories By The Mile.
This month I have shared my recipe for Basil and Blue Cheese Sweet Potato Bites. They make great appetizers for your holiday party!
Basil and Blue Cheese Sweet Potato BitesPrint Recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 15 large basil leaves roughly chopped
- smaller basil leaves to use for garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Slice the potatoes thinly, into ¼ inch thick rounds, or thinner. Thinner slices with be crispier, thicker slices will be softer.
- Lightly spray the rounds with cooking spray, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then flip and bake for about 8 more minutes.
- While the rounds are baking, combine the mushrooms and buttery spread and microwave for about 30 seconds on high.
- Stir until melted (if needed, microwave again).
- Add the blue cheese and chopped basil and stir until combined.
- After the potato rounds have baked, add about 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese topping to each round.
- Bake an additional 3-4 minutes until hot and melty.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves and serve.