Just a note: This recipe originally appeared as a guest post on Jersey Girl Cooks. I have now posted the recipe here as well for archiving purposes. My original teaser post is below and the recipe is underneath it. Make sure you check out Jersey Girl Cooks, too; Lisa has a ton of great recipes!
Happy Friday, everyone! I am guest posting today over at Jersey Girl Cooks. Lisa is an amazing blogger who has taught me so much over the last few months as I have been working to get my blog up and running. Her recipes are wonderfully creative and delicious, and family-friendly and easy, too! You can check out this page on her site to get to know her a bit more.
I came up with the recipe for these mozzarella portabellas just by combining some ingredients and flavors that my family really loves, and they were so delicious, both Things and DH now keep asking me to make them again and again! Head on over to Jersey Girl Cooks to read the full post!
Mozzarella PortabellasPrint Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the step from the mushrooms and wipe with a damp cloth to remove dirt.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder and salt.
- Brush the olive oil mixture onto the tops of the mushroom caps.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet, gill side down, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove mushroom from oven, and flip them so the gill side is facing up.
- Place one tomato slice on each cap, then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, until cheese is hot and melted.
- Remove from oven, garnish each mushroom with a fresh basil leaf, and serve.