Welcome to Day #6 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Today is our final day of #AppetizerWeek. We hope you have enjoyed it as much as we have!
Today I am sharing with you these Smoked Salmon Bites. We are big fans of smoked salmon in this house. On New Year’s Eve, I attended a party and they served a smoked salmon appetizer that was just AMAZING! I decided to try to recreate it for Appetizer Week!
This appetizer is so simple to make and requires no cooking. When I made it to take pictures for this post, we actually had them for dinner. They were so good and even the kids loved them.
The texture and flavors just work so well together. Besides the salmon and cream cheese, the little piece of lemon and the olive half on each bite add that extra bit of flair that makes these go from excellent to awesome!
They are so easy, you can make them in about 10 minutes when you get on a roll. But they are so fancy-looking, your guests will be impressed and rave over them!
Smoked Salmon BitesPrint Recipe
- 8 ounces scallion cream cheese
- 1 package smoked salmon
- 5-10 green olives
- 2 lemon slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- appetizer picks (to hold the bites together)
- chopped scallion for garnish (optional)
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and mix a little to soften it up.
- Cut the smoked salmon into strips, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide.
- Place a scant tablespoon of cream cheese towards one end of the strip.
- Roll the salmon up around the cream cheese.
- Cut a segment of the lemon from the lemon slice and place on the middle of the salmon roll.
- Cover with half of a green olive.
- Insert an appetizer pick through the green olive and lemon into the salmon to hold it all together.
- Repeat with remaining salmon and cream cheese.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week participants for more dishes for the Big Game:
- Farewell to Appetizer Week by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Farewell to Appetizer Week by Kiss My Smoke
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Kickin’ Meatballs by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Vegan Creamy Spinach Dip by Je Suis Alimentageuse
- Salsa Cheesecake by Organized Island
- Jalapeno Cheddar Bites by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Parmesan and Dill Snack Crackers by From Gate to Plate
- Game Day Guacamole by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Spiced Popcorn by Wonky Wonderful
- Smoked Salmon Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Queso Stuffed Padron Peppers over Romesco by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Hoisin Beef and Scallion Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Smoked Salmon Potato Stacks by Food Lust People Love
- Party Pinwheels by My Catholic Kitchen
- Parmesan Asparagus Phylo Spears by Makobi Scribe
- Black Bean Hummus by Home Cooking Memories
- Mini Beef Wellingtonsby Clarks Condensed
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Rosemary and Sea Salt Roasted Almonds by Try Anything Once Culinary
If you like this recipe, you might also like the Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies from Aunt Bee’s Recipes!
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!