Welcome to Day #6 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Today is our final day of #AppetizerWeek. We hope you have enjoyed it as much as we have!
Today I am sharing with you these Smoked Salmon Bites. We are big fans of smoked salmon in this house. On New Year’s Eve, I attended a party and they served a smoked salmon appetizer that was just AMAZING! I decided to try to recreate it for Appetizer Week!
This appetizer is so simple to make and requires no cooking. When I made it to take pictures for this post, we actually had them for dinner. They were so good and even the kids loved them.
The texture and flavors just work so well together. Besides the salmon and cream cheese, the little piece of lemon and the olive half on each bite add that extra bit of flair that makes these go from excellent to awesome!
They are so easy, you can make them in about 10 minutes when you get on a roll. But they are so fancy-looking, your guests will be impressed and rave over them!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Smoked Salmon Bites
Smoked Salmon BitesPrint Recipe
- 8 ounces scallion cream cheese
- 1 package smoked salmon
- 5-10 green olives
- 2 lemon slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- appetizer picks (to hold the bites together)
- chopped scallion for garnish (optional)
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and mix a little to soften it up.
- Cut the smoked salmon into strips, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide.
- Place a scant tablespoon of cream cheese towards one end of the strip.
- Roll the salmon up around the cream cheese.
- Cut a segment of the lemon from the lemon slice and place on the middle of the salmon roll.
- Cover with half of a green olive.
- Insert an appetizer pick through the green olive and lemon into the salmon to hold it all together.
- Repeat with remaining salmon and cream cheese.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!