Pumpkin is everywhere this fall, and for good reason, but we shouldn’t neglect its lesser-known yet delicious and nutritious cousin, the butternut squash! Butternut squash is high in vitamin A and vitamin C, and contains potassium and fiber as well.
When roasted, it becomes sweet and buttery, and tastes so good. I decided to pair it with the savory, slightly salty flavor of kielbasa, and the combination was amazing! Thing 2 gobbled it up and gave me a two-thumbs up on this dish!
This dish is really easy to make, especially if you buy the butternut squash already peeled and diced, which is what I do. It is worth it to me to pay a bit extra to have that part of the work already done! However, if you can’t find pre-cut squash, or you prefer to start with a whole squash and cut it up it yourself, click here for a tutorial on how to peel and dice it.
Roasted Butternut Squash and KielbasaPrint Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the diced butternut squash, olive oil, and garlic salt, and mix until coated.
- Spread the butternut squash on a baking sheet in a single layer. If your baking sheet is not large, use two baking sheets so that you will have room to add the kielbasa later.
- Roast the squash for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheets and stir the squash.
- Add the kielbasa and red onion to the baking sheets, return to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Stir and roast for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or on its own.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!