These Air Fried Bananas are a super special and fruity treat that’s so easy to make! With just a few simply ingredients you probably have around the kitchen already, you can make this yummy dessert.
Use your air fryer to easy make caramelized bananas that are delicious on their own or perfect as a topping for other desserts. Scoop them onto ice cream or pudding for a delicious combination!
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
This delicious air fried banana dessert is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth! With only 5 ingredients needed and quick cooking in your air fryer, you'll love this warm and sweet cooked banana dessert.
A great way to use up your bananas before they get too ripe, this recipe can be made with ingredients you probably already have in your cabinets. Simple and effective, this is a fantastic way to produce quick and yummy caramelized bananas.
And if you love this sweet fruity treat, you should also try these Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- bananas - you'll want to use bananas that aren't too ripe.
- butter - ensures the seasonings stick to your banana slices and provides a delicious buttery flavor.
- brown sugar - adds some complex and rich sweetness.
- cinnamon - pairs perfectly with the brown sugar and works well with the banana.
- nutmeg - another warm spice that's a classic companion to cinnamon.
- Slice the banana into ½ inch slices.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Add bananas and melted butter to the mix of spices and toss until well coated.
- Air fry in a single layer at 375 degrees F for 4-5 minutes.
Yes, there are a wide variety of fruits that are delicious when fried and can be cooked in the air fryer. Try bananas, peaches, and berries!
Frying bananas correctly can give them a slightly crispy and flavorful exterior with a warm and tender inside.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- If your bananas are too ripe, this recipe will yield mushy or liquidy results. Try to use bananas that aren't quite at their ripest yet.
- Another way to prevent mushy bananas is to keep the banana slices at least half an inch thick.
- These air fryer caramelized bananas are great as a dessert on their own or a topping for ice cream, cake, pancakes, or waffles. Pair them with some chopped walnuts for an extra crunch.
📌 Sweet and satisfying, this fried banana dessert yields caramelized fruit with a warm and buttery outside and tender fruit on the inside. Delicious on their own or as a fantastic topping for desserts, breakfast dishes, and more!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- For a simple version of this recipe, exclude the cinnamon and nutmeg and just toss the bananas with melted butter and brown sugar.
- A healthier version of this dish can be accomplished by reducing the amount of butter, or leaving it out altogether.
- You can also slice the bananas lengthwise rather than into crosswise rounds. If you air fry the bananas in larger slices, they may need more time to cook and should also be turned about halfway through.
🥫 Storage and Reheating
These air fried bananas are at their best when they're fresh out of the air fryer, but leftovers can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 or so days. You can also freeze them for a few months.
Reheating should be done in the air fryer to maintain the banana's texture and prevent them from getting mushy like they might in the microwave.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
While this recipe is delicious as a cooked banana dessert, you can also use your air fried bananas as a special sweet topping for breakfast or brunch. Pair the bananas with Air Fryer French Toast, tropical Pineapple Pancakes, this comforting Slow Cooker Maple Cinnamon Oatmeal, or a healthy and filling Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bake.
✔️ More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes - When you need a quick and foolproof side dish, these air fried potatoes have you covered!
- Air Fryer Orange Glazed Salmon - You'll love this seafood dish, which includes a sweet and savory orange glaze.
- Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls - A delicious appetizer or side dish that takes the flavors of cheesesteaks and packs them into a crispy, bite-sized treat.
- Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins - Can't get enough of air fryer breakfast recipes? Make these yummy blueberry muffins from Stay Snatched to serve alongside your air fried bananas!
Air Fryer Caramelized Bananas
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fried Bananas
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Slice the bananas into rounds about ½ inch thick.2 bananas
- Melt the butter. (To use the microwave, place in a microwave-safe bowl and use 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until almost melted, then stir to fully melt.)2 tablespoons butter
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl and mix together.1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Add in the bananas and butter and toss gently to coat.
- Using tongs, place the rounds in the air fryer basket, then air fry at 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- The bananas cannot be too ripe or they will turn out mushy.
- The banana slices should be ½ inch or thicker to avoid getting mushy as well.
- Serve over toasted cinnamon swirl bread, on top of pancakes or waffles, or eat with ice cream or yogurt topped with some chopped walnuts.
- Air fry in a single layer for even cooking.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks so much for reading! I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
And you might want to check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!
This was a super quick treat! Delicious on top of pancakes too.
This was such a quick and easy dessert that is not only easy on the waistline, but on the wallet too! Definitely, a new favorite treat!
These are such a delicious treat on top of oatmeal, ice cream, or yogurt. Yum!
Yummy! These will be great on top of ice cream or pancakes. Can't wait to make them.
These banana bites are such a treat! Love the crispy coating and delicious flavor, and it's such a bonus to be able to quickly cook them in the air fryer.