Eggplant Milanesa Torta is a recipe for yummy breaded slices of eggplant, baked until crispy, and served hot with lettuce and tomato on artisan multigrain bread.
What is the biggest obstacle for you in creating fresh, home-cooked meals on a regular basis for your family?
For many, myself included, the planning and shopping are the most challenging tasks. And they are kind of key steps in the whole process! You can't cook with ingredients you don't have, haha!
The planning part especially can be really tough. Who has time week after week to sit down and map out every meal for the next 7 days? For me, unless I want to have the same dishes again and again, I need a little chunk of time to think about it and come up with meals that everyone will enjoy and that will add a little variety in our diets.
I know I have thought to myself many times how much I would love, love, LOVE it if someone would just hand me a meal plan every week and save me the trouble of coming up with delicious, healthy meal ideas on my own.
So when I found out about the Pick Me Meal Club, I was really excited! Not only do they develop a meal plan for you every single week, but they send you an email with a link to your personal menu dashboard with the listed meals and associated recipes, AND....wait for it....wait for it...a link to the corresponding shopping list!
Not only do you get a week's worth of meals all planned out for you, plus the recipes, but the shopping list is already completed as well! Score! The Pick Me Meal Club is dedicated to providing members with easy access to a healthy, creatively prepared, whole food, plant-based diet (note that there is also a custom meal plan option that includes recipes with meat for those who are not vegetarian or vegan!)
Now here is one other question left to consider...are the recipes any good?
I have tried a bunch of them, and every one has been delicious! Although I have made a few adaptations here and there based on what my family likes and doesn't like, overall we have liked everything we have tried! The Eggplant Milanesa Torta is just one example. This was delicious and easy to make!
Recipe adapted from PickMeMealClub.com.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Eggplant Milanesa Torta
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Eggplant Milanesa Torta
- 2-3 large eggplants
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons almond milk (or any dairy or non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices multigrain bread (4 sandwiches)
- tomato slices (optional)
- lettuce leaves (optional)
- Slice eggplant lengthwise into sections about 1/4 inch thick and remove the skin. Place the eggplant slices in a dish with sides, sprinkle with salt, and let sit 15 minutes to draw out some of the moisture.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, parsley, milk, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the eggplant slices and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cover a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil and place in the oven to heat.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a wide dish, and dip each slice of eggplant in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place the eggplant on the hot tray and bake about 5 minutes, until the bottom is browned.
- Turn slices over, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and the bottom is browned.
- Distribute the eggplant slices among the 4 sandwiches, top with lettuce and tomato, and serve.
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!