Lots of people love soup. I am not really on that wagon, but kind of dallying behind it. I enjoy soup if someone else makes it, but I don’t usually have enough of a craving for it that I would make it myself. However, every once in a while, a soup comes along that makes me think to myself ‘I really should make some soup one of these days!’
Lots of people love crock pot recipes, too. I am not only on board that wagon, I have a permanent seat right up front! 🙂 I usually whip out my crock pot only on the weekends, because my work days are so long (6:00am to 4:30pm) that it isn’t practical to have crock pot meals during the week. They tend to get mushy and overcooked because of the extra long cooking time.
But, my good friend Alice sent me this recipe for chicken soup in a crock pot that could not really be overcooked even with an extended day. And, the recipe appeared to be so easy, it almost blew my mind! So I decided to try it!
If you like soup, or if you like cooking with your crock pot, this recipe is for you! And if you like both, you are going to think you have gone to crock-pot-soup heaven.
As far as the kids were concerned, I got two enthusiastic thumbs up! The kids liked it, DH liked it, and I liked that dinner was already made when I get home. It was a win-win-win situation. This one is definitely getting a dedicated spot in our dinner rotation!
Alice's Easy Crock Pot Chicken SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 cup frozen chopped peppers and onions
- 1 cup frozen cut carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 stalks of celery (diced)
- 32 ounce boxed chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 cup rice (optional, add just prior to serving)
- Combine frozen vegetables in the crock pot.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Add celery and liquid ingredients.
- Set crock pot to LOW and cook all day.
- Before serving, shred chicken breasts with two forks.
- If desired, cook the rice and add to the soup.
This is a perfect warm-up during the chilly, rainy, early days of spring. A BIG thank you to Alice for sending me this recipe!
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!