Full of flavor and packed with veggie goodness, these fajita bowls are super-fun to eat and sure to please the whole family! It’s an easy and convenient dinner perfect for even the busiest weeknights.
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE eating food that comes in its own little edible bowl. Fun, fun, fun! Sure, regular tortillas or even tacos shells do the trick for a dish like this, but these cute little bowls are easy to make and they make this meal even more snazzy! (Yes, I am bringing back the word ‘snazzy’! LOL)
You can find the recipe for the bowls HERE. And there is even a quick and fun video tutorial to watch if you appreciate the visual approach!
Now that I have started a new job, I am finding myself busier than ever. It isn’t that this new job has more responsibility (yet), it is just that I have to pay close attention to everything and focus at all times to try to figure out what things are and how things are supposed to work. I have to prepare myself, because at some point I will be assigned to manage a project all by myself, and the more I know, the smoother it will go! So I will need to divert some of my time and energy to my new job for a while, until I get the hang of things. But don’t worry, I plan to continue to post new recipes here as much as I can!
Meals like this are essential when you are in an extra-busy period of time, like when you are starting a new job around the holidays (what WAS I thinking?!?), or during sports season when you have multiple kids in multiple sports, or any time things start to get crazy in your life!
I like to make the bowls ahead of time, and then store them in an extra large ziplock bag until the day I make this dish. They will keep for a few days in that bag, just make sure to hide it so your family doesn’t munch on them for snacks!
(Pssst….in the mood for something more ‘enchilada-ish’ instead of ‘fajita-ish’? This Enchilada Bake is super-easy to prepare using pantry and freezer staples, and it is so tasty it’s sure to become a long-time family favorite!)
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Fajita BowlsPrint Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 ounces Recipe Ready Bird's Eye Tri-Color Pepper and Onion Blend (found in the frozen veggie section) (1 package)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces black beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 8 ounces chicken (cooked and diced)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 taco shells or tortilla bowls (click here, or see the link in NOTES for the recipe)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pepper blend, corn, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and saute until veggies are thawed, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add black beans and chicken and cook until entire mixture is heated.
- Mix the cornstarch with about 2 teaspoons of water, then slowly add to mixture while stirring, to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat, divide mixture among the 8 tortilla bowls (or use regular tortillas or taco shells).
- Top with shredded cheese and serve!
Thanks for stopping by. Before you go, you might be interested in these products!
And check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for some great kitchen products I love!