It is so easy and fun to make your own pickles! Have you ever tried it? I have seen some different methods, but this is by far the easiest, quickest, and so yummy!
I wanted to use basil, because I have two hydroponic basil plants that grow so fast, I cannot keep up with using all that basil! So these pickles are a perfect way to remedy that situation. I added in garlic and jalapeno because…well, just because I like garlic and jalapeno! 🙂
These pickles are just the right amount of tart, sweet, and spicy. I love the zingy feeling they leave behind! These are a great healthy snack, or perfect to serve along side a nice big sandwich. Most of the time, however, I like to eat them straight out of the jar!
Jalapeno Garlic Basil PicklesPrint Recipe
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cucumbers (quartered (more or less depending on what fits in your jar))
- 10 jalapeno slices (use more if you like more kick; I used jarred jalapenos, note that fresh may provide more kick as well)
- handful of fresh basil leaves (I counted about 20 leaves of varying sizes in my handful)
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, coriander seeds, garlic, and salt in a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar dissolves (not until boiling), stirring periodically. Let cool completely.
- Place some of the jalapeno slices and basil leaves in the jar. Stuff the cucumbers on top. Place the rest of the jalapenos and basil in between and on top of the cucumbers.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the jar, covering the cucumbers completely.
- Store in the refrigerator for 12 hours before serving.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!