For a delicious and healthy snack, make a batch of this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus! No need to pop out to the store to buy it anymore; you can make this dip right in your kitchen.
Not only is it easy and tasty, it’s so much better than the store bought kind, and better for you too! Make a large batch and freeze the extra to have easy and yummy hummus dip whenever you need a special snack.
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Need a quick and foolproof snack? Whip up a quick and easy batch of this yummy roasted pepper hummus! Just like the kind you can buy at the store, this creamy and flavorful dip is perfect to serve alongside crackers, pita chips, veggies, and more.
Best of all, it only takes a handful of simple ingredients to put this together. You can easily make a large portion and freeze some to have a quick appetizer or snack in a pinch!
Fans of red pepper should also try this comforting and hearty Roasted Red Pepper Soup, a great dinner for a cold night!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- chickpeas - also called garbanzo beans, these legumes are the classic base of any delicious hummus.
- roasted red peppers - use store bought jarred red peppers or roast your own!
- tahini - this sesame-based product is often found in dips like hummus, baba ghanoush, and other Middle Eastern cusine.
- minced garlic - gives your hummus a nice sharp flavor.
- lemon juice - helps balance out some of the savory flavors with some acidity.
- smoked paprika - provides a delicious smoky flavor that compliments the roasted peppers.
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving some of the liquid.
- To a food processor, add chickpeas, red peppers, tahini, minced garlic, lemon juice, paprika, and salt.
- Blend until the mixture reaches your desired consistency. For a thinner hummus, add the chickpea liquid in small quantities until the hummus is your desired thinness.
Yes, hummus can be a great option for a nutritious snack, especially paired with veggies or whole wheat crackers. Because of the combination of ingredients, hummus is high in fiber and healthy fats.
On the contrary, roasting peppers is a good way to preserve things like antioxidants. Boiling vegetables is more likely to destroy good nutrients.
This Middle Eastern condiment is made from ground hulled sesame. Many hummus recipes include it for its creamy texture and somewhat nutty and subtly bitter flavor.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- While this roasted red pepper hummus is great as a dip for chips, crackers, and veggies, it can also be used as a tasty sandwich spread.
- For super creamy hummus, start by processing the tahini and lemon juice together until nice and whipped. Then add the remaining ingredients.
📌 You'll love this super tasty roasted red pepper dip, which is so easy to make at home! No more storebought hummus with preservatives--you can make your own snack dip and know exactly what goes in it!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Fresh garlic and fresh lemon juice can be used for an even fresher tasting hummus.
- Some other spices and ingredients you can add based on your taste: cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, or chopped jalapeno.
- Another way to get your hummus to a preferred texture is to add a dash of olive oil, which can also create a silkier and more rich texture.
- Top with chickpeas or save a tablespoon of roasted red peppers to garnish.
Keep your hummus in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze it for about 3 months. Be sure to allow the hummus time in the fridge to thaw from frozen before serving again.
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
For the ultimate snacking combo, pair your roasted pepper hummus with these Tortilla Bowls or a batch of Air Fryer Zucchini Fries. You can also serve with Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas or a fresh tray of Olive Parmesan Pretzel Bites!
✔️ More Snack Dip Recipes You'll Love
- White Bean Hummus with Cranberries - Perfect for the holidays, this hummus has a white bean base and a pop of sweet fruity flavor.
- Turmeric Hummus (without Tahini) - Not a fan of tahini? Make this stunning turmeric hummus with cancer-fighting powers!
- Homemade Queso Dip - Comforting and healthy, this queso dip utilizes nutritious cauliflower for a nutritious dip.
- 7 Layer Dip - This classic dip recipe from Spend with Pennies is packed with crowd-pleasing flavor!
Roasted Pepper Hummus
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 Food Processor
- 15 ounces chickpeas (1 can)
- 10-12 ounces jarred roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve some of the liquid to thin the hummus later if needed.15 ounces chickpeas
- Place the drained chickpeas and the remaining ingredients in a food processor.¼ cup tahini, 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice, 10-12 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon salt
- Blend until smooth. Add additional salt or seasonings as desired. Add some of the reserved chickpea liquid if the hummus is too thick. Serve with cut veggies or crackers.
- Add cayenne pepper, black pepper, chopped jalapeno, cumin, or other spices as desired for different flavor profiles.
- If desired, use fresh garlic and juice a lemon for even fresher flavors.
- Serve as a dip for cut veggies, crackers, bread, etc, or use as a sandwich spread.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Thanks so much for reading! I also invite you to follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or INSTAGRAM to keep up with what's going on in my kitchen.
And you might want to check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!
I have just started making hummus at home, so I am very excited I found your recipe post! I can't wait to give it a try!
I am a huge hummus fan and this was fabulous! The flavors were just right and Delish! I can't wait to finish this off tomorrow.
Enjoyed this for an afternoon snack and it did not disappoint! Quick, easy and delicious; definitely, a new favorite recipe!
We are huge hummus fans at home so had to try this recipe. It was delicious and flavorful. Will be making this again.
This recipe was so good with the homemade pita chips I made. Will make again for sure!
There's nothing like homemade hummus! I really love this recipe and can't wait to snack on it all day!