Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are a light, crispy, and healthy snack that work perfectly as an appetizer or impressive side dish. This air fried zucchini is simple, with only 4 ingredients required! Serve with your favorite sauce or season it to your preference; this versatile zucchini fries recipe is so easy to make your own!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
If you've never had air fried zucchini, you're missing out on an easy but satisfying dish! Next time you're craving something fried but don't want all of the extra calories, try this recipe instead. With only 4 ingredients, it's so quick to make and will satisfy even the most intense cravings.
Air fryer zucchini fries are guilt-free and tasty, and making them in the air fryer means you don't have to deal with all of the extra oil. These fries will become a go-to recipe when you want a filling and healthy snack or when you have company to entertain.
And if you love zucchini, why not try this Sauteed Zucchini with Walnuts? Another simple but flavorful side dish that's a win every time. For another great air fryer zucchini recipe, try these Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters.
🥘 Ingredients Needed
For a complete list of ingredients, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- zucchini - a nutrient-packed and versatile ingredient, zucchini makes for the perfect fried food.
- salt - seasons the zucchini and helps draw out the moisture.
- egg - helps the salt and cheese stick to the zucchini.
- Parmesan cheese - ensures that your fries get nice and crispy while also providing a boost of flavor.
Please note: This is an overview of the instructions. You'll find the complete instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Slice the ends off the zucchini, then cut into sticks.
- Place the zucchini in a colander and toss with salt. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes to pull the moisture out, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and pour the Parmesan out onto a plate.
- Dip each zucchini stick in the egg, then coat with Parmesan. You may have to pat the cheese on.
- Place the fries into the air fryer basket, ensuring that there's space between each. Air fry for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F, flipping after 10 minutes.
Zucchini fries are almost like French fries; stick-shaped pieces of zucchini dipped in a coating that gets crispy when fried. This recipe uses egg and cheese for the coating for a simple but tasty outside.
Allowing the zucchini to sit after it's been salted will help pull out the water and ensure that the fries get nice and crispy. Also be sure to leave space between each fry in the basket. If the air can't circulate properly, the fries won't fully crisp up.
Absolutely! If you don't have an air fryer, preheat your oven to around 425 degrees F (may vary depending on your oven) and place the prepared fries on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or so, or until crispy and golden brown.
Air frying is a great way to keep these zucchini fries relatively good for you! Using an air fryer ensures that the zucchini will get nice and crispy crunchy without having to add extra oil.
No, you can leave the skin on! In fact, it may help your air fried zucchini get crispier. But if you prefer to take the skin off, this recipe will still be just as good!
These air fryer zucchini fries will be at their best right after they've been fried, but if you have leftovers be sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge. If you have multiple layers, it may also be wise to separate them with paper towels.
To reheat, pop them back in the air fryer for a couple of minutes. Putting them in the microwave will just lead to sad, soggy zucchini fries.
The same is true of storing them in the freezer, where they should be good for a month or so. Just be sure to let them thaw out in the fridge before reheating.
💭 Helpful Tips
- To make these zucchini fries in the oven, follow the instructions as listed, then instead of frying them bake them at 425 degrees F on a baking sheet. It can take anywhere from 20-30 minutes depending on your oven and how thick you've cut your zucchini, so be sure to check on them every 5 minutes or so, and flip about halfway through.
- Try to cut all of your fries about the same size to ensure that they fry at the same rate and give you nice, even results!
- If your air fryer basket isn't large enough to give all of your fries space, cook them in batches. It may take a few extra minutes, but it will be worth it for properly crispy fries!
Air fried zucchini is a perfect afternoon snack or tasty appetizer, and with only 4 ingredients you'll come back to this zucchini fries recipe again and again. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, these fries go with everything!
- Wondering what dipping sauces to serve with air fryer zucchini fries? You could try something classic like ketchup or ranch, or spice it up and serve them with some chipotle mayo, garlic aoili, sriracha sauce, avocado or blue cheese dressing, or marinara sauce.
- For an even crispier fry, you can also mix some panko bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese.
- If you're not as concerned about adding oil, spraying the fries with a little bit of oil will also help them get super crunchy.
- Season your fries with garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, or simple salt and pepper. Zucchini has such a mild taste that it can be seasoned to your liking!
🍲 Suggested Main Dishes
🥣 More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Eggplant Fries - Similar to air fried zucchini, these eggplant fries are a simple but tasty choice for a snack or side!
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan - Sticking with the eggplant theme, this eggplant parm made in the air fryer is much healthier than your classic chicken parm, but just as yummy.
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower - Perfect for game day or to bring along to a party, this appetizer packs just enough heat but without all of the calories.
- Air Fryer Avocado Grilled Cheese - Have you ever tried making grilled cheese in the air fryer? Check out this recipe for more details on how!
Air Fried Zucchini
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Slice the ends of the zucchini, then slice it in half. Slice each half into 8 thick sticks for a total of 16 fries.1 zucchini
- Set the zucchini in a colander over paper towels, add the salt, and toss gently with a spoon or your hands to coat the zucchini fries with the salt. Wait 20 minutes for the moisture to get pulled from the zucchini, then pat them dry with a towel.½ tablespoon salt
- While the zucchini is sitting in the salt, beat the egg in a small bowl and place the Parmesan cheese on a plate.1 egg, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Once the zucchini has been patted dry, take each fry, dip it into the egg, then place the fry on the plate and pat the Parmesan cheese onto it.
- Place the zucchini fries in the air fryer basket, with room in between for the air to circulate.
- Air fry at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes, flipping the fries at the 10 minute mark.
- Serve immediately.
- Baking instructions: follow the instructions as written up until the fries are coated in the cheese. Bake them on a baking sheet at 425 degrees F for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown an crispy. Give them a stir halfway through to encourage even baking.
- For an even fry, do your best to cut the zucchini sticks evenly.
- If you can't fit all of the fries in your air fryer basket, cook them in batches. This will ensure even and consistent cooking.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!