So easy and tasty, this is one of my favorite chicken recipes, perfect for feeding my family on busy weeknight or a serving a crowd on the weekend!
Everyone in the family loves buffalo chicken wings. So I decided to figure out if I could make a version in the crock pot that would be easy, delicious, affordable, and lightened up a bit. We can always benefit from making a favorite food a little less unhealthy!
Whenever I try to develop a crock pot recipe, my goal is to minimize the work as much as possible. If I can come up with something delicious that only requires dumping a few ingredients in the slow cooker and then letting it do its thing for 6 hours, that is my ideal recipe.
And that is exactly what happened with this meal. You won’t believe how easy this prep is! Two ingredients and your slow cooker are all you need for the chicken portion. And honestly, my boys prefer the simplicity of eating the chicken on a nice, soft roll, with no other condiments or toppings.
However, DH and I are partial to some additional flavors on our sandwiches, so I like to make a blue cheese and celery relish to complete the buffalo chicken wing experience right in the sandwich! It is super-yummy, and if you have leftover relish, you can use it as a unique and tasty dip for crackers or pretzels.
Some additional tips:
- After cooking the chicken, you will find that there is a good bit of liquid in the crock pot, so just remove the chicken pieces to shred them in a bowl (use two forks), and then add enough of the liquid from the crock pot to make the shredded chicken flavorful but not overly wet.
- You can’t do away with the liquid entirely, so if you are worried about sogginess, you can place a leaf of romaine lettuce on the bottom half of the roll to prevent the liquid from soaking in and turning it into mush.
- For extra zing, drizzle some additional buffalo sauce over the top, or even sprinkle a dash or two of tabasco!
- If you are hoping to feed a crowd, you can easily double or even triple this recipe, and it works just as well.
If you like all things buffalo, you won’t want to miss these Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites! These are crispy and delicious shredded potato bites with the flavors of buffalo hot wings baked right in. They are kind of like what you might get if a tater tot and a buffalo chicken wing got married and had babies!
Or maybe you just like spicy chicken? You can make this tasty and flavorful Slow Cooker Thai Spicy Peanut Chicken right in your crockpot. So easy and delicious!
For another spicy chicken option, try this Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore, which requires only 10 minutes of prep for a delicious and nutritious family meal!
Crock Pot Pulled Buffalo Chicken SandwichesPrint Recipe
For the chicken:
- 1 and 1/2 pounds chicken (boneless and skinless)
- 10 ounces buffalo chicken sauce (your favorite)
- 4 sandwich rolls
For the celery relish:
- 1 cup celery ,chopped small
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken, cover, and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Mix together the celery, blue cheese crumbles, and blue cheese dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the crock pot and shred it with a fork in a medium bowl. Add some of the liquid left in the crock pot - about 1/4 cup, more or less to taste, but not too much or your sandwiches will be soggy.
- Distribute the chicken over the 4 rolls. If desired, drizzle some additional buffalo sauce over the chicken. Top with the celery relish and serve.
This post contains affiliate links. Check out our full disclosure here.
Tools used for this recipe:
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!