Crispy Green Beans are crunchy, addictive, AND heathy! All you need are fresh green beans, a few pantry ingredients, a baking sheet, and 25 minutes to make these deliciously breaded green bean fries. Use your oven or air fryer to cook these – directions for both are included!
They are better for you than French fries and perfect as a nutritious side dish, a crunchy appetizer, or a healthy snack. Best of all, the kids will eat them up without complaint and even ask for more!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Sometimes getting your kids to eat vegetables can feel like pulling teeth. On nights when I want to be sure they'll eat their fresh veggies and like 'em too, I make this green beans recipe!
With just a pound of green beans and a few other ingredients, you can oven fry this crunchy green bean snack and serve it as a healthy and crowd-pleasing easy side dish. You can also serve these crispy green bean fries as a nutritious appetizer or snack. They pair well with just about everything and will satisfy your French fry cravings!
Just like these Air Fryer Green Beans, you'll love how easy it is to assemble this dish and have a perfect healthy side dish or afternoon snack on the table in under 30 minutes!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- bread crumbs - panko bread crumbs are the best for super crispy results.
- ranch dressing mix - packs in lots of flavor without much work.
- garlic powder, onion powder, & paprika - a delicious spice blend of ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- salt & black pepper - use these to taste.
- eggs - helps the bread crumb coating stick to your green beans.
- green beans - you'll want to wash and trim these before cooking.
- Beats your eggs in a bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs to a separate bowl with the ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- Drench the green beans in the beaten egg.
- Coat the green beans in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the breaded vegetables on a baking sheet, spritz with a little olive oil cooking spray, then bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove and turn the green beans, then bake another 2-5 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
No, I would recommend using fresh green beans to ensure that your results are nice and crispy.
Yes! Because they're "oven fried," or sprayed lightly with oil and then baked, these crispy green beans are flavorful and delicious without having to be deep fried. Their crispy texture comes largely from the panko bread crumbs.
First, be sure to store them in your crisper drawer in your fridge, and try not to store them for too long before cooking.
After you wash your green beans, be sure to dry them well. Moisture will make it difficult for the beans to get crispy. You can also use your oven's broiler for about 2 minutes at the end of cooking to really crisp them up--just be aware that they can burn easily this way, so keep an eye on them.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- To save time, buy your green beans pre-washed and trimmed.
- Use a gallon-sized zipper top bag for a simple way to coat the green beans if you're making them in large quantities. First dip them in the beaten eggs, and then toss them in the plastic bag filled with the seasoned bread crumb mixture.
- Use tongs or tweezers or a fork to dip the green beans and transfer them to the bread crumbs in order to prevent clumping.
You'll love how easy it is to prepare this breaded green bean snack! Serve it for an oven fried pick-me-up in the afternoon or pair it with a main course for a healthy and delicious dinner!
📖 Substitutions and Variations
- SHORTCUT! You can eliminate the seasonings by purchasing seasoned breadcrumbs.
- On the lookout for easy air fryer recipes? To make these green bean fries in the air fryer, follow all of the steps up until baking and instead, place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket and set the cooking time to 5 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- For some extra flavor, add Parmesan cheese to the bread crumb mixture.
- Other flavoring options include chopped parsley, cayenne pepper, chili powder, or jalapeno ranch. You can try any combination of seasonings and flavors with these versatile crispy green beans!
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, like this zingy Chipotle Cheese Dip.
🔊 What readers are saying...
"Made these last night and they were DELISH! Husband said he'd rather have these than regular fries."
🥫 Storage and Reheating
These crispy green beans are best served immediately, but you can keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days. Reheat in the oven, toaster oven, or an air fryer for best results--microwaving them will likely lead to sogginess.
💡 What To Serve With This Dish
These green bean fries pair well with just about any main course, but here are some of my favorites. They go great with Air Fryer Chicken Leg Quarters, and I love to add a pinch of Old Bay and serve them with Shrimp Grilled Cheese.
If you are in the mood for more oven-fried food, check out this Oven Fried Lemon Chicken. So much flavor, yet it's easy to make and is so much lighter than regular fried chicken.
🥕 More Veggie Side Dish Options
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables - This air fryer easy recipe is a great way to prepare any of your favorite frozen vegetables.
- Baked Dill Fries - These guilt-free potato wedges are tossed with dill and cooked to perfection.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic - Tender on the inside but crispy on the outside, you'll never prepare brussels sprouts another way again!
- Apple Spinach Salad - This summery salad from Gimme Some Oven is a refreshing side to serve with any of your favorite entrees.
Breaded Green Bean Fries
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Oven Fried Crispy Green Beans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
- Combine the breadcrumbs, ranch mix, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.¾ cup breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
- Dip the green beans in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place then on the baking sheet in a single layer.2 eggs, 1 pound fresh green beans
- When all green beans are coated, spray them lightly with olive oil spray.olive oil spray
- Place the baking sheet in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and flip them before putting them back in the oven, then bake for about 2-5 minutes until crispy.
- Shortcut 1: Buy your green beans already washed and trimmed.
- Shortcut 2: Use seasoned bread crumbs and skip the ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- If you are making a large amount, use a gallon-sized plastic zipper bag so you can coat a bunch of greens beans at once.
- Dip the fresh green beans in the beaten egg using large tweezers or small tongs (or even a fork) and then transfer to the bread crumb mixture to coat, which helps to keep your bread crumbs from clumping.
- After flipping the green beans, to get them really crispy, you can turn on the broiler for about 2 minutes (just watch them carefully to prevent burning).
- AIR FRYER DIRECTIONS: Preheat the air fryer to 390. Place the breaded green beans in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for about 5 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Green bean fries are definitely best served immediately.
- Store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator, then reheat them in the oven or toaster oven (not the microwave) to get them crispy again.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!