I love chicken pot pie. Yes, it is kind of a comfort food that many people like to eat in cold weather, but it is also an easy dinner and so I like to make it year ’round! My friend Danielle (yes, the same Danielle that brought you the Doggie Tot Casserole!) sent me this super-easy and delicious recipe that the whole family loved!
Danielle's Chicken Pot PiePrint Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (1 bag)
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup (1 can, reduced fat if desired)
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 box pie crust (2 crusts)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken, onion, garlic salt, and pepper, and cook until the chicken is done.
- Mix in the vegetables, chicken soup, and milk, and cook until heated through.
- Spray a 1.5 quart casserole dish with cooking spray, and place the first pie crust along the bottom and up the sides.
- Stir 1/2 cup cheddar cheese into the chicken/vegetable mix, and then pour into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken mixture with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and then arrange the second crust on top.
- Cut a slit in the middle of the crust, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
Thing 2 rating = (4 out of 5 biscuits). That is about the best he can do when dreaded VEGGIES are obviously present in a dish. That being said, he ate it up and tolerated the vegetables quite well! He even had seconds!