Just a note: This recipe originally appeared as a guest post on Memories by the Mile. I have now posted the recipe here as well for archiving purposes. The recipe is below my original teaser post. Check out Wanda Ann’s site too, she has a ton of great recipes! Enjoy!
Today I am posting over at Wanda Ann’s blog, Memories By The Mile. You will find me there the 2nd Thursday of every month!
This month I am sharing with you my recipe for Slow Cooker Apple Pie. I know apples are usually associated with autumn, but our apples here are just as fresh and good as they are in the fall, and the kids love to have them as snacks, so I buy a ton of them every week. And I love to use my slow cooker year-round, too.
Especially in the hot summer months, I prefer to use the slow cooker instead of turning on the oven. Yes, my slow cooker gets quite a workout through every season!
Click here to head on over to see the original post, and while you are there, check out some of the other awesome posts on Wanda Ann’s blog!
Slow Cooker Apple Pie
- 6-8 apples (no need to peel them (I used Gala))
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated Splenda (or you can use sugar)
- 5 tablespoons softened butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick (divided)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Coat the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray.
- Use an apple wedger to wedge the apples, then slice each wedge in half.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and the nutmeg.
- Place the apples in the slow cooker.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, Splenda, 2 tablespoons butter and 3/4 cup Bisquick.
- Pour over the apples, no need to stir.
- Make the topping by combining the brown sugar, remaining 3/4 cup Bisquick, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Add in the butter and combine until they form coarse crumbles.
- Sprinkle on top of the apples. Cover and cook on low approximately 6 hours.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!