Cozy up to fall with the most delicious smoothie recipe with apple! This is a sweet, tart-apple, and cinnamon sip that is perfect for an autumn afternoon. If you're looking for a refreshing beverage with all the flavors of fall, look no further!
First Published: October 28, 2014... Last Updated: September 2, 2019
Green Apple Smoothie
What is the BEST part of fall to you? Is it enjoying the changing of the colors? Bringing out your slow cooker and making hearty meals that take no effort? Or maybe it's getting out all of your fun fall decorations!
For me, it's apple season! I love seeing all of the different apples at the market, grabbing a quart of cider to enjoy while I watch the leaves fall!
Speaking of apples, I hope you like them, because today I am sharing my Apple Cider Smoothie recipe!
This time of year, the apples here are just amazing, and there is nothing more refreshing than a tall glass of apple cider...except perhaps a delicious smoothie made from apple cider and fresh apples!
Easy Apple Smoothie Recipe
This is sooo good and so easy to make also. Whether you'd enjoying it on a lazy Saturday afternoon or maybe as an after school snack, I know you'll love the flavor and how simple this is to make!
FAQs for Apple Smoothie Recipe
Yes, I recommend peeling the apples for a smoothie, but it's really up to you. An unpeeled apple changes the texture of the drink. For me, it just tastes best with the apple peeled.
I did however leave the peel on for the apple I put on top for garnish. That little bit of green just makes it POP! Wouldn't you agree?
Yes, you can easily blend the apple. Set your blender on high and pulse it it until it's puree'd. Surprisingly, it doesn't take very long!
Apples have lots of nutrition. Check out this article for some great information on the nutritional content of apples, as well as great tips on storing and serving apples!
You can really use your favorite apple! Other varieties that would be delicious are Golden Delicious, Fuji or Braeburn Apple.
Tips to make smoothie recipes with apple
- be sure to peel and core the apple
- blend until completely smooth and creamy
- dice an apple for garnish, squeeze over some lemon juice to keep the apple from turning brown
- top with a small sprinkle of cinnamon
- finishing the smoothie with a cinnamon stick makes this a perfect fall drink!
Doesn't this look refreshing?
Apple Smoothie Recipe
Grocery list for Green Apple Smoothie
- vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- pure maple syrup
These are the perfect fall flavors! You can even get your kids to enjoy this smoothie recipes with apples, what's not to love?!!!
Best Process for Making Smoothie Recipes with Apples
Step 1.Make sure your apple is peeled and cored and cut into medium-sized chunks. This helps with the blending!
Step 2.Place the apple chunks and the rest of the ingredients in a blender. I used this single serve smoothie blender, but it was a little too small to fit all the ingredients, so I blended it in two batches (which worked fine but was a little inconvenient).
Step 3.Pulse and blend until smooth and creamy and frothy. Then enjoy!
If you enjoy this smoothie, then you should be sure and check out my Pineapple Orange Smoothie - it's so yummy!
More of my favorites recipes with apples!
You can enjoy apples for breakfast, snacks, lunch or dinner!
Like I said.... I REALLY like apples!
Variations for smoothie recipes with apples
- Try different types of apples - Fuji, Braeburn, Golden Delicious, and Red Delicious apples are all good choices.
- Throw in a banana for a twist of flavor and extra creamy thickness.
- Add in 1 cup of baby spinach to make a nutritional powerhouse of a smoothie!
- For a vegan version, substitute a frozen banana for the yogurt and almond milk for the milk. You can even use vanilla almond milk.
Smoothie Recipe with Apple
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Smoothie Recipe with Apple
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree.½ teaspoon nutmeg, ½ cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt, ¾ cup apple cider, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 apple, 1 ½ cups crushed ice, 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Top with cinnamon and a few diced apple pieces.
- For best results, make sure to peel and core the apple thoroughly.
- You will get the best smoothie texture if you blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a few leftover diced apple pieces (use a little lemon juice to keep them from getting brown). I like to leave the skin on that section of apple to get a nice pop of color in the smoothie!
- If your smoothie isn't thick enough after blending, add some additional yogurt and ice and blend again.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.