How fun is this? I love these little apple pie-like snacks that you can make in 2 minutes! They are so cute and delicious, and they are a blast to eat. Have you been trying to get your kids to choose fruit instead of chips or cookies? Here is the perfect solution!
And the kids aren’t the only ones who love these. I make them for myself when I am in the mood for a little something to eat, but a plain apple just won’t cut it.
These are the perfect after school snack, especially during the cold winter months. Warm and sweet, with lots of cinnamon flavor and crushed graham crackers for some added crunch, these are satisfying and a great alternative to those empty carbs my kids might otherwise gravitate towards.
You can substitute Splenda or other sweetener if you wish, and you can adjust the amounts of apple pie spice and sugar to taste. If you don’t have apple pie spice on hand, just use cinnamon, your apple pie crunch will still be delicious!
2 Minute Apple Pie Crunch
- 1 apple (diced into bite-sized pieces (I use a wedger and then cut each wedge into thirds)
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice (you can substitute cinnamon if you don't have this handy)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or 1/2 packet Splenda)
- 1/2 graham cracker sheet
- Place the apple pieces in a microwaveable bowl.
- Sprinkle the apple pie spice and sugar on top, and toss to coat.
- Microwave 20-30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the apple pieces are softened and hot.
- Crumble graham cracker and sprinkle on top.
Note: This post has been shared at THESE link parties!
Want to keep up with the latest yummy recipes on DBH?
Sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox (only 1 email per week)!