This simple and foolproof cinnamon pretzel recipe is the perfect snack food! The cinnamon sugar pairs well with the salty crunch from the pretzels and peanuts, and this pretzel snack mix is great as a last minute hostess gift for holiday parties or a quick and easy appetizer for game day. So easy to make with basic ingredients and it takes less than 20 minutes!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Do you love the combination of salty and sweet? What about easy but elegant snacks? Then this cinnamon pretzel recipe is right up your alley!
With only 5 ingredients and 20 minutes, you can have a crunchy and flavorful pretzel snack mix that's perfect for an afternoon snack, to serve during game day, or to bring as a gift for holiday parties or any event!
The cinnamon and sugar naturally pair well with the nutty peanuts and the salty, crunchy pretzels for a simple snack mix that satisfies every time.
If you're like me and you love quick and tasty snacks, then you also have to check out this Chickpea and Black Bean Snack Mix!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- cinnamon - brings a nice warmth and sweetness to your snack mix.
- sugar - the classic pairing of cinnamon and sugar makes these cinnamon pretzels and peanuts so tasty!
- coconut oil - this will help the cinnamon sugar stick to your pretzels and peanuts.
- pretzels - any shape works here, just make sure they're hard pretzels.
- peanuts - I used unsalted for this cinnamon pretzel recipe so the snack mix didn't get overly salty, but you can adjust to your preference.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Place the pretzels and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar over the pretzels and peanuts and stir until everything is well coated.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. The coating should look more or less dry.
- Remove from the oven and give the mixture a stir to reduce sticking, then allow it to cool.
Yes, they're actually made the same way. Soft pretzels are served fresh, whereas hard pretzels are left to sit and "stale," which makes them crunchy.
Peanuts are great to pair with hard pretzels, as the nutty flavor tastes delicious with the saltiness of the pretzels. You can also pair sweet ingredients with pretzels for a sweet and salty combination.
Malt syrup and an alkaline bath are the two ingredients that give pretzels their distinct and recognizable flavor.
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- This recipe can also be made in the microwave if you're really pressed for time. Follow the directions as normal, but instead of spreading on a baking sheet, place the pretzels and peanuts on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir every minute or so, then spread out on wax paper to cool.
- If you want to make this recipe with just the pretzels, feel free to omit the peanuts and follow the directions as otherwise stated!
You'll love this cinnamon pretzel recipe for how easy and tasty it is. This snack mix makes the perfect gift if you can bear to part with any! Delicious any time of year but especially appropriate for the fall and winter!
- There are so many ingredients you could add to this cinnamon pretzel recipe for extra flavor. Chocolate candies, dried fruit, other varieties of nuts, cereal, or even cookie pieces!
- To make a more seasonal snack mix, you could add more spices like nutmeg, cloves, or allspice to channel the flavors of fall.
🥗 Suggested Simple Dishes
One thing I really love about this cinnamon pretzel recipe is how easy it is, with only 5 ingredients.
And of course you'll want to make some Pumpkin Brownies with Oreos for dessert!
🍞 Other Easy Snack Recipes You'll Love
- Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas - Quick and easy, these chickpeas are perfect as is or as part of a snack mix.
- Guilt-Free Jalapeno Artichoke Dip - A dip perfect for game day and healthier than a classic recipe.
- Healthy 5 Ingredient Granola Bars - This recipe from Minimalist Baker is simple and so filling!
Cinnamon Pretzel Recipe
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Cinnamon Pretzels and Peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, and coconut oil.1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cinnamon, 1 cup coconut oil
- Place the pretzels and peanuts (if using) in a large bowl.15 ounces pretzels, 2 cups roasted peanuts
- Pour the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the pretzels and peanuts and toss to coat.
- Place the coated pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the sugar coating looks almost dry.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, agitate the pretzels and peanuts, and then let sit until cool.
- To make this cinnamon sugar pretzel recipe in the microwave, follow the directions as written but microwave them on high for 3 minutes instead of baking. Stir once every minute then allow to cool.
- Omit the peanuts if you just want to make cinnamon sugar pretzels!
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!