These cheesy bacon Air Fryer Taquitos are quick and easy and made with only 5 ingredients!
Your whole family will love the smokey bacon and melty cheese wrapped in yummy corn tortillas and air fried until crispy and delicious! These are a great afternoon snack or an easy dinner for a busy weeknight or any night!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Bacon and cheese wrapped in a yummy corn tortilla and air fried until crispy, anyone?!? Yes, please! I always welcome any opportunity to use bacon, although I make sure to either use turkey bacon or center cut bacon to minimize the calories from fat.
These bacon taquitos are so easy to prepare with only 5 ingredients and make an excellent appetizer or even a fun and speedy weeknight dinner!
If you love bacon as much as my family, you need to try this Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta as well!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- bacon - who doesn't like bacon?
- corn tortillas - make the perfect wrapper and get nice and crispy in the air fryer.
- creamy Swiss - I love these Laughing Cow spreadable wedges, they're so simple to use in recipes like this one.
- shredded cheddar - makes these bacon taquitos so melty.
- fresh spinach - provide some nutrients to counteract the bacon and cheese.
- Add the Swiss and cheddar cheese into a bowl.
- Mix until they form a mixture.
- Spread some cheese mixture onto a corn tortilla.
- Top with cooked bacon.
- Add spinach.
- Roll up the tortillas and air fry for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Translating literally to 'little tacos,' taquitos are typically made by rolling some kind of meat and cheese into a tortilla and fried. Often served with toppings like sour cream, salsa, and guacamole, this Mexican dish is great as an appetizer or an entree.
If your air fryer taquitos are falling apart, make sure you're frying them seam-side down. If this isn't enough, you may also be able to use toothpicks to hold them together while they cook.
It's important to soften your tortillas before rolling them or they can crack and come apart. Microwave them for a couple of minutes and be sure to cover with a paper towel, otherwise the tortillas could dry out.
Yes, and it's a great way to allow some of the fat to drain naturally! Line a baking sheet with foil and place an oven-safe wire rack on top and bake the bacon at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until nice and crispy.
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- If you like your air fryer taquitos extra crispy, brush with some olive oil before cooking.
- Having trouble rolling your taquitios? Try chopping up the bacon.
- If the cheese mixture if difficult to spread, pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so to soften it up.
- Tortillas can also be heated on a skillet or even directly over the open flame of a gas stove.
Corn tortilla taquitos are delicious handheld snacks that are perfect to serve at parties or for game day. You can also make them for a quick and yummy dinner! Super customizable, you'll love how easy it is to make this bacon taquitos in your air fryer.
📖 Substitutions and Variations
- If you can't find the creamy Swiss, substitute ½ cup cream cheese.
- Add some seasonings to the cheese mixture for extra flavor. Chili powder, chipotle powder, or even some ranch seasoning powder.
- To make these air fryer taquitos even more substantial, add some onion, bell peppers, jalapenos, or green chiles.
🥫 Storage and Reheating
These bacon taquitos hold up great in the fridge or the freezer. In the fridge they'll be good for 5 days or more, and you can keep them in the freezer for months at a time, which makes them great for meal prep.
To reheat, just pop them back in the air fryer at 375 for 5 minutes or so. You may need to add a minute or two if cooking from frozen.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
To save time, you can cook your bacon ahead of time or even buy pre-cooked bacon!
💡 What To Serve With This Dish
🫕 More Appetizer Recipes You'll Love
- Cheddar Bacon Slow Cooker Bread - Another recipe with bacon, this savory bread is so easy to make in the slow cooker.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings - These air fryer wings are so simple and classic, and they're extremely versatile!
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip - For something on the sweeter side, try this creamy and sweet fruit dip.
- Spinach Dip - This easy and classic dip from Dinner at the Zoo is great to serve with crackers or veggies!
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Cheesy Bacon Air Fryer Taquitos
- 8 strips of bacon (cooked)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 6 wedges Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss (I like to use the light version)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- 2-3 handfuls fresh spinach
- Prepare the tortillas by first softening them in the microwave (wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave about 20-30 seconds). This step is important, otherwise your tortillas will crack when you try to roll them up!8 corn tortillas
- Combine the Swiss wedges and 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheddar in a small bowl.6 wedges Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss, 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- Divide the cheese mixture amongst the 8 tortillas and spread on ½ of each tortilla.
- Place one strip of bacon on each tortilla, to the side of the center, and layer on about 8-10 spinach leaves. Sprinkle with the additional cheddar (this helps everything to stay together since the cheese acts sort of like a glue when it melts).2-3 handfuls fresh spinach, 8 strips of bacon
- Carefully roll up the tortillas and place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer, seam side down. If they don't all fit, you may need to air fry in two batches.
- Air fry the tortillas at 400 degrees F for 6-8 minutes. Cool for about 2 minutes before serving.
- For a shortcut, buy pre-cooked bacon, or cook it ahead of time.
- An easy way to cook bacon in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then place oven-safe racks on top. Then drape the bacon strips in a single layer over the racks (for the fat to drain).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the bacon is browned and crispy.
- You can substitute ½ cup cream cheese for the 6 wedges of creamy Swiss.
- For crispier taquitos, you can brush them with a little oil before air frying.
- Spice it up by adding a little chili powder or chipotle powder in the cheese mixture before spreading on the tortillas. Or try some ranch seasoning powder for something really different!
- If you have trouble rolling the taquitos with the bacon strips in there, try roughly chopping the bacon first.
- If you have trouble spreading the cheese mixture, microwave it for 20-30 seconds to soften it a bit.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.