Decadent, giant chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Peanut Butter Oreo cookies. YOU. MUST. TRY. THESE!
Thing 1 is back with another decadent dessert recipe. He found this recipe on the internet and adapted it a bit. I was able to trace back to the original recipe, which came from Jenny at the Picky Palate. How did she come up with this genius idea? Not sure, but I am glad she did! Here is Thing 1's take on it!
Chocolate chip cookies. It's hard to go wrong with them, they're easy to make, quick to bake, and pretty much always taste great! But sometimes, you want something a little bit more. Sure, chocolate chip cookies are a classic, but... what if they had Oreos in them?!
Well I found a recipe that did just that, but then I wanted to take it even a step further. What about PEANUT BUTTER OREOS? Chocolate and peanut butter always go together, so why not?
So my friend (we'll call her M, just for the sake of her privacy) came over to my house and we had a nice relaxing afternoon of baking and singing show tunes; we met while doing a musical in school last year and we've been friends ever since.
The cookies were so fun and easy to make, and they ended up being quite large! With these, you won't want more than one; you'll be too full!
If you love desserts, you'll flip for these super easy, whimsical Funfetti Cupcakes with Oreos and chocolate chip cookie dough today! These delicious treats make any occasion fun and extra special. Can’t decide between cookies or cupcakes? You don’t need to with this dessert that has 3 layers of deliciousness in every bite.
If you love decadent cookies, you will also love these Oreo cookies loaded with 2 cups of chopped Oreos! Yum!
📋 Recipe Card
PB Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Use a mixer to cream the butter and sugar together.2 sticks butter, room temperature, 1 cup sugar, ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.2 eggs, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl.3 ½ cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix. Then add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.10 oz semi-sweet morsels
- Using a cookie scoop, take two scoops of the dough per cookies, one for the top and one for the bottom of the Oreo. Then using your hands, form the dough around the entire Oreo and close the edges, smoothing them over.15.25 ounces Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies
- Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.