Picture yourself with this Moscato Sangria, sitting poolside or relaxing on the beach, basking in the warmth of the sun. This refreshing and crisp adult beverage is made with moscato wine, pineapple juice, and lemon lime soda.
Combine sweet and bubbly flavors for the ultimate refreshing cocktail! Excellent to cool down on a warm summer afternoon.
💚 Why You'll Love This Recipe
Summer is here! To celebrate, here is a citrus sangria recipe which makes a refreshing and crisp adult beverage with pineapple juice and ginger ale, perfect for a warm summer afternoon!
Pineapple juice and ginger ale add just the right amount of flavor pop, and the gin adds a little extra kick! Moscato Sangria really isn't a strong drink, but you can totally skip the gin if you are concerned about the amount of alcohol.
Pair this Moscato Sangria with a cold and sweet No-Churn Moscato Ice Cream for the ultimate summer treat!
🧂 Ingredients Needed
- lemon and lime - slices of citrus fruits add a tangy and sour flavor to this Moscato Sangria.
- orange - for a stronger pop of citrus and refreshing orange flavor.
- strawberries and blueberries - these additional fruits are optional and will add pops of color and more fruity flavor.
- pineapple chunks - for a tropical twist.
- moscato wine - this light and crisp wine is perfect to pair with lots of sweet and tangy fruits.
- gin - adds a little extra kick and additional citrusy goodness.
- lemon lime soda - provides a nice bubbly consistency and some sweetness to counteract the alcohol.
- Slice the lemon, lime, and orange into thin slices. Also slice the strawberries if using.
- Place the lemon, lime, orange, strawberries and blueberries (if using) in a large pitcher.
- Pour in the pineapple chunks, moscato, and gin, then refrigerate for at least an hour. Refrigerate the soda on the side as well.
- When ready to serve, add the lemon-lime soda.
This traditionally Spanish drink is made with red wine, lemonade, fruits, and various spices. Other variations of citrus sangria can be made with different varieties of wine, fruits, and mixers.
Authentic sangria is made with red wine, but variations can be made by using other kinds of wine like this citrus white sangria.
If you enjoy refreshing and fruity drinks, you might also want to try this green apple martini. So easy to make with only 4 ingredients!
💭 Expert Tips and Tricks
- Allowing your Moscato Sangria time to sit in the fridge before serving helps the flavors develop and come together for a more complex and delicious beverage.
- This recipe is great to double or triple and serve in even larger containers for picnics, barbecues, pool parties, and more!
- Fresh mint is great for a fragrant and gorgeous garnish.
📌 Make this tasty gin sangria and be the life of the party! Choose your favorite fruits to customize to your liking. You can even make a version with white grape juice instead of wine so the kids can get in on it!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Instead of lemon-lime soda, use ginger ale, sparkling water, or another kind of carbonated beverage to change up the flavors.
- Fresh pineapple can be used instead of canned.
- This citrus white sangria is extremely versatile; feel free to omit any of the fruits if you don't want to use them!
- For some extra flavor and color, you can also add fruits like blackberries, raspberries, and peaches.
- Leave out the gin for a drink that isn't quite as strong.
🔊 What readers are saying...
"LOVE this!! So refreshing and such gorgeous photos!! Great recipe!"
To store your Moscato Sangria, it's best to separate the fruit from the liquid. This will prevent the fruit from getting too soggy and falling apart. Keep your fruit in an airtight container in the fridge, and the liquid in an appropriate container.
You can also turn your leftover Moscato Sangria into popsicles by pouring into popsicle molds and including the fruits you like!
🍴 What To Serve With This Dish
For even more summer recipes, serve your citrus sangria with a yummy Cilantro Lime Dip, with these refreshing Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles or a yummy Easy No-Churn Cherry Ice Cream, or sip while you munch on these unique and tasty Air Fryer Corn Ribs!
✔️ More Cocktail Recipes You'll Love
- Raspberry Gimlet - Gin lovers will love this sweet and fruity cocktail with a gorgeous red finish!
- Frozen Strawberry Basil Margarita - This majorly refreshing beverage combines sweet strawberries with herbal basil for a tasty cocktail perfect to beat the heat.
- Raspberry Sorbet Wine Spritzers - This cocktail is somewhere between drink and dessert, but all delicious!
- Margarita Popsicles - Make this fun recipe from Stay Snatched for a fun new way to enjoy margaritas this summer!
If you are in the mood for a refreshing summer cocktail, you should also check out this lime in the coconut drink. It's so sweet and delicious and tropical tasting!
Citrus White Sangria
Love this recipe? Awesome! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
📋 Recipe Card
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1 cup strawberries (optional)
- ¾ cup blueberries (optional)
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice (1 can)
- 750 milliliter moscato wine (1 bottle)
- ½ cup gin
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda (you can use diet or regular)
- Slice the fruit into thin slices. Cut some or all in half if you wish, for some smaller pieces.1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 orange, 1 cup strawberries
- Place the fruit in a large bowl or pitcher. Add all the remaining ingredients except for the lemon-lime soda20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, 750 milliliter moscato wine, ½ cup gin, ¾ cup blueberries
- Place the bowl or pitcher in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until ready to serve. Make sure the lemon-lime soda is also in the refrigerator so it is cold when you add it.
- Right before serving, add the chilled lemon-lime soda.4 cups lemon-lime soda
- Use fresh pineapple if you wish. I use the canned chunks because slicing a pineapple is a pain. 🙂
- This recipe is extremely versatile. Skip any of the fruits you don't have and/or add other fruits that you like.
- Omit the gin if desired.
- Use fresh mint for a pretty and fragrant garnish.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.