Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas - Quick and easy recipe for overripe bananas, perfect for a special breakfast or an afternoon snack. How do you make Fried Bananas? Use 3 ingredients, pan fry it, and it's ready in 10 minutes.
This recipe was inspired by the age-old problem, how to use up overripe bananas.
No matter how hard I try to buy a good number of bananas for my family, I can never seem to get it right. If one week I don’t have enough, I try to buy a few more the next week, but then it seems I have too many!
Luckily there are lots of yummy things you can do with overripe bananas. Banana bread is really the first thing that comes to mind, but sometimes that is a little more trouble than I have the energy or time to tackle.
This recipe is so quick and easy, and it is perfect for a special breakfast or even an afternoon snack!
Bananas are important to my family. All the potassium in it is so good for heart and muscles. It also has so many natural vitamins and nutrients that are so good for everyone. I find myself sneaking in bananas in pancakes or smoothies.
TIPS FOR MAKING PAN FRIED CINNAMON BANANAS
- Use bananas that are slightly overripe. If they are very overripe, they will be too mushy to cook.
- Do not overcook. If they start to get too soft, they are done. This might happen quickly if your heat is a little too high so pay attention to them as they cook.
- Use good quality nonstick oil spray. Poor quality oil could affect the taste of your banana rounds.
- Sugar works best but you can also use granulated Splenda (or equivalent) if you prefer.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Helpful Hint: For the best bananas and other natural fruits and veggies, you have to try FarmBox Direct! I have used the service myself and I can vouch for the quality of the produce. And it's delivered right to your door, in special packaging to keep it fresh, so what's not to love!
Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas
Serve with cherry yogurt and some V8 Fusion juice for a nice breakfast that energizes the kids and gives them a great start to the day!
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Pan Fried Cinnamon BananasPrint Recipe
- Slice the bananas into rounds, approximately 1/3 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg (if desired). Set aside.
- Lightly spray a large skillet with nonstick oil spray. Warm over medium heat.
- Add the banana rounds and sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon mixture on top.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the rounds, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes until the bananas are soft and warmed through.
- Slightly overripe bananas work best. If your bananas are too overripe, they will still taste good but they will be mushy.
- If they start to get too soft, they are done. Be careful to not overcook them!
- The quality of the oil can affect how the banana rounds taste, so make sure yur oil is fresh and a good quality brand.
- You can substitute granulated Splenda (or equivalent), however white sugar works best.
- Note that this is not a actually a substitute recipe for the kind of bananas that are fried by immersing them in oil in a fryer. These are a just tasty way to do something a little different with your bananas by cooking them in a pan or skillet.
Hey there, you might be interested in these products!