These Pumpkin Brownies with Oreos are the easiest and quickest pumpkin brownie recipe you will find! You only need 3 ingredients and 30 minutes to make these moist, fudgy, sweet, chocolatey, and BETTER FOR YOU brownies.
This will become one of your family’s favorite fall dessert recipes and you can feel good knowing that these brownies are packed with the goodness of pumpkin. Oreo cookies brownies make a perfect fall dessert that you must try!
👩🏻🍳 Why You'll Love This Recipe
These pumpkin brownies are fudgy, moist, sweet, chocolatey, and.... (wait for it)... better for you! Now, they aren't health food by any means, but they contain pumpkin instead of oil and eggs, which not only cuts the fat content but also adds fiber and vitamin C.
So you can feel just a bit less guilty about about those two that you scarf down when no one is looking (not that anything like that ever happens in my house). Best of all, it only takes 3 ingredients to make them!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- brownie mix - using a box mix makes this recipe so simple without sacrificing flavor.
- pumpkin - pumpkin puree.
- Oreos - golden Oreos or a seasonal flavor like pumpkin work great for this recipe!
- Combine the pumpkin and brownie mix. Your batter will be thick.
- Spread about half of the batter into a baking pan.
- Place your Oreos in the pan.
- Make a complete layer, ensuring that the cookies are touching but not overlapping. Press them down slightly into the batter.
- Spread the rest of the batter over the Oreos.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
Yes! Pumpkin is a great substitute as it eliminates a lot of the unhealthy elements of oil but still produces a delicious and moist brownie. Pumpkin also brings in some extra nutrients and a bit of extra flavor as well.
In the case of these pumpkin brownies, it's the pumpkin that does it! For regular brownies, fudginess is reliant on the fat-to-flour ratio, which means adding more oil or chocolate will result in a fudgier brownie.
Not quite. Pumpkin puree is 100% pumpkin with nothing added, while pumpkin pie filling has the blend of spices usually found in pumpkin pie (think cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg). Pumpkin pie filling also typically has some added sugar, and using it in this recipe could affect the flavor of your pumpkin brownies.
💭 Other Helpful Tips
- Even without the Oreos, using a can of pumpkin and a box of brownie mix is a fast and easy way to make perfect, moist pumpkin brownies!
- Try not to overload the pan with cookies, as this can affect the baking of the brownie batter.
Pumpkin brownies make the perfect fall dessert, and the option to switch up what kind of cookies go inside makes them versatile and so customizable! Serve these Oreo cookies brownies for a dessert that pleases everybody, every time!
- Mixing chocolate or white chocolate chips or nuts like walnuts or peanuts can take these brownies to the next level.
- Vary the kind of Oreo in your brownie to your taste. These would be great with classic Oreos, but if you can find the seasonal kind with a fall-related flavor like pumpkin spice, apple cider, or maple creme, they really elevate this fall dessert.
- Using the Halloween Oreos with the orange cream is another fun twist on this recipe!
🎃 Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin isn't just perfect for dessert! You can use it in so many recipes, and the fall season is the perfect time to experiment with pumpkin recipes. Take these Pumpkin Overnight Oats, or for another breakfast, Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Pancakes.
If you're looking for something for a hearty lunch or dinner, try this Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta.
🥧 More Desserts
- Easy Peanut Butter Mummy Cookies - An adorable dessert perfect for Halloween.
- Brownie Cakesicles - Another unique twist on brownies that are so fun to make!
- Cookies and Cream No Churn Ice Cream - It's always a good time for ice cream, regardless of the season.
- Baked Chocolate Donuts with Glaze - So easy to make and better for you than fried donuts!
- Funfetti Cupcakes - These delicious treats make any occasion fun and extra special. Can’t decide between cookies or cupcakes? You don’t need to with this dessert that has 3 layers of deliciousness in every bite.
Pumpkin Brownies with Oreos
Love this recipe? Awesome! Please give it a 5 star ⭐ rating below! And if you make this, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can find me at DizzyBusyandHungry or #dizzybusyandhungry!
📋 Recipe Card
Oreo Pumpkin Brownies
- 15 ounces brownie mix (1 box)
- 15 ounces 100% pure pumpkin (1 can)
- 16 Pumpkin Spice Oreos (you can substitute Golden Oreos if Pumpkin Spice Oreos are not available)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 8x8 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix and pumpkin. The batter will be very thick.15 ounces brownie mix, 15 ounces 100% pure pumpkin
- Spread about half of the batter in the baking pan.
- Place the Oreos on top of the batter, touching but not overlapping. Press them down gently into the batter a little bit.16 Pumpkin Spice Oreos
- Spread the rest of the batter over the Oreos. Bake about 25 minutes.
- No Oreos on hand? These are delicious even without them. Just omit the Oreos and follow the rest of the instructions.
- Be sure not to stuff too many cookies into the batter, as this could affect the brownie's baking.
Nutritional information is an estimate. The nutritional values for your final dish may vary based on measuring differences and products used.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in October 2015, but was republished with tips, step by step photos, and a recipe change in October 2021.
Check out my Dizzy Busy and Hungry store on Amazon for a whole bunch of great kitchen products I love!